Regards
    SS buckle
    SS buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS buckle
    P
    Many

?

Is it me, or does it look like there are casting flaws on the swastika and eagles chest? Also the markings on the reverse look 'fat'.
    I found an original on the forum to compare with:

OR/NCO 822/38 buckle help required

Regards, Rik

Hi Rik, It is not just you. Marking is really quite thick and I noticed that flaws, to me they are looking like casting flaws as well.

Best regards,
    Franko

Most likely a cast fake.

Quote by Migobeego View Post
    Most likely a cast fake.
    Why please give a reason The buckle is actually a very nice and original buckle, correct colour, correct prong sleeve. If you don't know what you are talking about please don't comment, the gent in question might not have bought the buckle on your incorrect recommendation and would have missed out on a nice original buckle in good condition

- - ------- - -

If you don't buy it let me know and I will
    Ben

?

I have a lot to learn. Thank you Ben for your expertise. And I stand corrected, apologies to the OP.

Regards, Rik

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Why please give a reason The buckle is actually a very nice and original buckle, correct colour, correct prong sleeve. If you don't know what you are talking about please don't comment, the gent in question might not have bought the buckle on your incorrect recommendation and would have missed out on a nice original buckle in good condition

- - ------- - -

If you don't buy it let me know and I will
    Ben, I thought we were allowed to give our opinion. My apologies. Taking into consideration other members comments and my own assessment on the piece I felt confident believing this could be a fake.

Thank you Ben very much for your explanation. My apologies to Dok as well, I was completely wrong here, it seems that I am probably cautious even more than I should be when it comes to SS buckles.

Best regards,
    Franko

My signature says it all...

Quote by Migobeego View Post
    Ben, I thought we were allowed to give our opinion. My apologies. Taking into consideration other members comments and my own assessment on the piece I felt confident believing this could be a fake.
    Opinion are fine but explain why? The biggest problem on this forum is guys saying a piece is fake with no explanation. Hope that makes sense?
    Ben

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast