Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SS Buckle + belt - opinions?

Article about: Apologies for the terrible pictures on here, they're all I have at the present time. What's the verdict on the buckle, though, if one is indeed reachable? To me the eagle looked perhaps a li

?

Default SS Buckle + belt - opinions?

Apologies for the terrible pictures on here, they're all I have at the present time. What's the verdict on the buckle, though, if one is indeed reachable? To me the eagle looked perhaps a little shoddy and I didn't want to take a risk, considering how faked SS items are. Any thoughts welcome!

Thanks,
    Robbie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Buckle + belt - opinions?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Buckle + belt - opinions?

IMO it is good, but too worn and damaged, I would try to find another one
    Regards
    Iván

?

Ah, thank you - and so you think it's not worth the trouble? It's for sale for £195, I didn't know whether that was a good price or not...

Robbie

Well, it is well worn example and 195 pounds is not a cheap but also not a huge price. I personally like it.

Are there markings on the leather?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I'm afraid as of the moment I only have these photos; I've asked for more from the seller, after which hopefully a more definite verdict will be obtainable. So the general verdict (as of the moment) is that the buckle itself is genuine?

Thanks!
    Robbie

As much as can be deduced from the limited views of the photo's, it looks to be a very well worn genuine buckle and belt rig. Naturally, it goes without saying that more detailed pics would be needed to Definitively say, though.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Aluminium SS-buckles are not rare! You will find a better Buckle in good condition!
    Gruß Max

Robbie, just my opinion but for that price belt and buckle even in that condition I think itvis a good price to be honest yes there is better but again you will pay a lot more, if you don't want it I would buy it for that price
    Ben

?

Looks a lot like my Luftwaffe Alu buckle. It for sure is a ground dug buckle IMO. I have seen a few. The leather is not original to the buckle itself. Maybe the seller tries to make people think that. Hence the price. Tell him this and cut the price. No matter what he say, this is ground dug!