Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SS buckle and leather dress belt

Article about: Hello all, I picked this buckle set up from a reputable dealer on Gunbroker, so I'm not really concerned about authenticity, but I wanted to get some opinions on it anyway. Steel buckle, no

Default SS buckle and leather dress belt

Hello all, I picked this buckle set up from a reputable dealer on Gunbroker, so I'm not really concerned about authenticity, but I wanted to get some opinions on it anyway. Steel buckle, no makers mark, retains a majority of its paint ; leather dress belt with a felted interior, no makers mark. Any opinions would be most welcome. Thanks

Todd

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	228.6 KB 
ID:	730913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 (1).jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	227.0 KB 
ID:	730914Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	224.8 KB 
ID:	730915Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4 (1).jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	231.5 KB 
ID:	730916Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	227.7 KB 
ID:	730917

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

I can't speak about the belt, but the buckle is a very nice unmarked Overhoff.

?

From what I can see the belt is a private purchase patent leather with felt backing. I don't know if the SS used this type belt but I did buy a nickel SS on a belt like this. I usually consider the belts to be Heer or Luftwaffe.

Cracking buckle Todd and as stated by Kirby looks like a private purchase belt, nice set
    Ben

?

Very nice addition to your collection.

- - ------- - -

Very nice addition to your collection.

like it.

Hello,

nice belt and buckle but don't match together .............
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Thanks for the info everyone

?

You might want to pick up a private purchase dress Heer buckle to match up with the belt. This would be one with 4 tab construction. I would do it if the belt is in good condition. If the belt has lots of heat damage and missing felt then I wouldn't.

Quote by kirby View Post
    You might want to pick up a private purchase dress Heer buckle to match up with the belt. This would be one with 4 tab construction. I would do it if the belt is in good condition. If the belt has lots of heat damage and missing felt then I wouldn't.

Other than a somewhat musty smell, the belt is pretty minty. You wouldn't happen to have any photographic reference of a dress Heer buckle, or links that I should check out, would you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast