MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SS Buckle. Real or Fake?

Article about: Need help again chaps. Is this buckle real or fake? Having read the thread earlier, i feel it,s wrong

Default SS Buckle. Real or Fake?

Need help again chaps. Is this buckle real or fake? Having read the thread earlier, i feel it,s wrong
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Buckle. Real or Fake?   SS Buckle. Real or Fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Buckle. Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Buckle. Real or Fake?

Mark

I cannot see any obvious problems with the nickle silver SS that you have posted. Perhaps difficult to judge by the lighting, however the obverse looks to be in particularly good condition.

An original and of course, highly desirable buckle.

I have attached a few more O & C SS for comparison.

Regards,

David

Thanks David. I was just a bit concerned that on an earlier thread it was pointed out that if there was no rope between the head and left hand wing, then it was a fake. But that doesnt seem to be the case with the ones that you have posted. I feel a bit better now, as it wasn,t cheap. Cheers.

Default Ss - o & c

Mark, whilst I absolutely detest the SS buckle in every shape and form, I realise that the genre is both immensely popular and unfortunately, necessary within those assembling an NS "political" grouping.

Heavens forbid that I buy for investment or profit, although having said that, an original and dare I say "standard well documented " SS buckle is a remarkably good investment. It must be dreadful for the new collector to see the prices asked for and readily met, for the nickle silver SS buckle as iconically stamped - O & C ges. gesch.

Here are some fakes and for the completed one, look at the ears.

Regards,

David