Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

SS Buckle relic

Article about: By collector condition, you mean "non relic" for \\$500? While the relics are cool, not really for me. I'd rather have that Deumer As the saying goes, "it's in the eye of the be

Default Re: SS Buckle relic

By collector condition, you mean "non relic" for $500? While the relics are cool, not really for me. I'd rather have that Deumer As the saying goes, "it's in the eye of the beholder". Maybe an RK relic for $200. I'm gonna get yelled at for saying that!!! I personally, have to draw a line somewhere with, "condition issues".

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Buckle relic
    P
    Many

Yes. As more people get interested in WWII German collecting,
    and 'seasoned' collectors holding on to better pieces,
    it is getting difficult to find really good items.
    I see mediocre quality stuff at shows now, and I cannot
    justify paying high asking prices for average pieces.
    Regards,

Steve.

I know what you mean, Steve. I recently went to a show and thought that the quality of most medals was poor. I'm new to this hobby but I do have a brain and use it, (usually) but even someone inexperienced could see lower quality for high price. I did see a beautiful Deschler cased EK1, and I'm looking for a mint set, but this one had a very deep patina. A patina is perfectly A-OK with me but my new collection craves bling still, so I passed on it. I think I should have bought it, now that I think about it. Extra bucks for nice things is ok with me, but don't like to get ripped-off.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

I'm with Ben and the others on this buckle. For me it's a fake buckle artificially aged.
    From the new pics it shows it was an aluminium buckle and aluminium does not deteriorate that way. I've seen quite a number of fake ground dug items and they have common traits.
    It is easier than you think to make a realistic fake: you just need time and natural elements. Leave some items in a pot, buried in normal soil. Let it out to rain,ice, snow, whatever the fool weather brings. Add some fertiliser and let it rest for 1 year. I've been fooled by a fake skull treated that way, a friend of mine pretended to have it dug out in front of me and I risked an heart attack. It was VERY realistically aged. Other fakers use to freeze and quickly defreeze items, to create cracks. You have to know your enemy...
    The buckle Ben showed on the other side looks naturally aged, very scary.
    Regards

Matt

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4