Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS EM Steel 36/42 Original v Fake

Article about: Hi all, in this thread like the others I have done we will compare an original SS 36/42 against a current fake and try and compare differences. Firstly the front one of the biggest givaways

Let me try on this one Ben and correct me if i'm wrong... Based on what you said I would say it's a fake because of the triabgle breast feathers and because of the ears at the back... I think this example shows two red flags! Did I got it right?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS EM Steel 36/42 Original v Fake
    P
    Many

Two red flags?, all the buckle is a red flag!

?

Hi, I'm new here, but is this thread still active? I've recently purchased a buckle RZM 36/42 (I know, should have done my homework first, but I had to decide on the spot) and was wondering if I got a piece of history or crap in my hands...

?

Just can't figure out how to attach the pictures 😬

Post pics we will soon tell you, welcome on board BTW
    Ben

This one just sold on ebay for $275. Only pics available. what is verdict on it? The catch foot has the indentation like the fake example as does the "3". Is that enough to give thumbs down? Someone bought an expensive prop.
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS EM Steel 36/42 Original v Fake   SS EM Steel 36/42 Original v Fake  

V chest fake

Wow, what a swiz, buckle is bad to the bone !!!!! Expensive prop!
    Ben

grep,

Not to be crass, but at the top of this thread Ben was kind enough to state the triangular breast feathers are a giveaway as being a fake. Just keeping you "abreast" to the information provided.

Regards,

Joel

with regards to triangle breast - I am having trouble seeing that or the differences on breast feathers - look like diamonds to me rather than triangles - thats why I couldnt call that out on the example i posted. thanks.
    the ebay poster did state could be a reproduction but wasnt sure and people still bid up to over $200.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast