Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS EM Buckle RZM 155/39 SS

Article about: Hello Friends please any opinions for this buckle

Default SS EM Buckle RZM 155/39 SS

Hello Friends

please any opinions for this buckle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS EM Buckle RZM 155/39 SS   SS EM Buckle RZM 155/39 SS  

SS EM Buckle RZM 155/39 SS   SS EM Buckle RZM 155/39 SS  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS EM Buckle RZM 155/39 SS
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS EM Buckle RZM 155/39 SS

No pics showing.

Brian

b
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS EM Buckle RZM 155/39 SS   SS EM Buckle RZM 155/39 SS  

c

Milan

I think that you have presented for our considerations an extremely interesting buckle and as you are aware, all SS buckles and in every shape and form, are madly popular and intensively researched within the collecting community. As such, there are many collectors who hold a remarkably sound expertise in relation to the good, the bad and the indifferent SS buckles that we regularly see.

To my mind, collectors are now more confident, experienced and willing to commit themselves when confronted with a potential cast fake, the likes of which once caused panic within the buckle collecting fraternity.

To cut to the chase, your Assmann SS and especially by the obverse, shows some really quite odd signs which are perhaps (and naturally), slightly indicative of a cast fake. Turn the buckle over however and the reverse is much more comforting.

In my opinion, "signature" aspects of the pin shroud and claws are a clear indication that and irrespective of any other possible rogue features, that the buckle is quite original.

Regards,

David

Thx David

Hi,
    I am sending two pictures of the one SS buckle in my collection. Genuine one without a shadow of a doubt since it's the one the late father-in-law of my oldest brother wore as Flemish Eastern Front volunteer (joined Standarte Westland, later SS Freiwilligen Legion Flandern (27.) and finally ended the war as USchaf in the Sturmbrigade Langemarck. I also have his tunic and Schirmmütze. I am aware that the buckle could have been preserved better but is was given to me in 2006 shortly after Herman died. She thinks he had more than one buckle but this is the last and only one that made it with him into captivity. The RZM code mark is wel visible and here's my question in relation to Mila Gard's (admittedly better looking) buckle: how come the code on that buckle is on he other side of the buckle. I have up to now only encountered RZM codes on buckles right under the claws...?

Best regards and look forward to having your thoughts. Der Freiwillige

Contract codes found under the claws are perfectly original. Not a problem. They marked them in both places over the years. But note yours is a 155/43.

Nice buckle by the way, made even better by knowing who it belonged too.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello

"how come the code on that buckle is on he other side of the buckle. I have up to now only encountered RZM codes on buckles right under the claws...?"

it is OK, these buckles are mm under prongs

Thanks for replies. MOst appreciated.
    The place of mm seemed odd to me since Assmann buckles "almost always" have their maker's mark under the claws (see GERMANWARBOOTY.COM...Authentic Militaria and page with hundreds of examples of all different SS belt buckles).

Cheers,
    DF

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast