Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS EM/NCO Overhoff & Cie Buckle and Belt

Article about: Another set I purchased a while ago for us to share... The schulterriemen is also SS-marked and still quite nice after all these years. I hope I age as well as this strap of leather. Regards

?

Default SS EM/NCO Overhoff & Cie Buckle and Belt

Another set I purchased a while ago for us to share...

The schulterriemen is also SS-marked and still quite nice after all these years. I hope I age as well as this strap of leather.

Regards,

CMH

SS EM/NCO Overhoff & Cie Buckle and BeltSS EM/NCO Overhoff & Cie Buckle and Belt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS EM/NCO Overhoff & Cie Buckle and Belt
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS EM/NCO Overhoff & Cie Buckle and Belt

CMH, I cannot comment on the belt but a very nice Nickel Overhoff Buckle I must admit sometimes I would like a set up like that, it does look good
    Ben

?

I agree with Ben, buckle is a super piece!

I am also not really familar with all these belts markings, but if you ask me it looks like someone has punched in the SS marking afterwards. Usually DAF/ Werkschar buckles come along with this type of hook and belt markings. An L2 number together with an SS acceptance stamp makes no sense in my eyes.

Best,
    Guido

?

i notice pressed in lines in the top and bottom edge of the belt, like found on other leather items, but i have never seen it on a belt, and it looks to new compared to the buckle. i think the buckle is ok, but i doubt the belt.
    andrew

I have seen these lines on lots of belts, especially early belts and alot of SA type belts, whether or not the belt is original I do not know but I have seen these lines lots of times.
    Ben

?

Yes, these stripes are nothing wrong on a political belt. I echo Ben's appraisal, the belt and the RZM/ L2 markings original, but I do not like the aditional SS marking!

Best,
    Guido

hi,

very spicy part
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Quote by Guido View Post
    Yes, these stripes are nothing wrong on a political belt. I echo Ben's appraisal, the belt and the RZM/ L2 markings original, but I do not like the aditional SS marking!

Best,
    Guido
    Hello,

thats also my opinion ........ and the belt hook is doubtful .........
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

?

I agree with you all concerning the belt. It always struck me as suspect, a later attempt to place an SS marking on a political piece is what I assumed but who really knows when and where this was done. The SS markings on other leather items are distinct and this marking on the belt is way off. The belt is in decent condition and I do care a great deal for the buckle. The cross strap has the appropriate markings on the leather and metal components as a comparison.

Thank you all for the opinions.

CMH

I do not think that you should be quite so negative about the belt after all you have a fantastic ensemble there and if you want to improve on the belt, then you can do so in your own time.
    Given the rest of the uniform the belt and buckle etc is the easy bit and the nickel buckle is at least correct for the style of the tunic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast