Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SS generals belt buckle

Article about: Hello There is no special SS generals buckle only SS officers buckles. I have read there were gold SS officers buckles. They were worn buy Water Police officers. I have never seen one, but a

Default SS generals belt buckle

Dear Friends I had an occasion to purchase a SS generals belt buckle the other day ,I don"t have a picture but the fellow had a book called SS Regalia and the buckle was shown there .It seemed to be made of aluminum but a bit heaver it was round and had the claw like hooks to attach to belt.My main concern was the condition it was mint I mean it look like it came out of a box that had been in storage for 70 years.The main problem is that this fellow wanted 3,500.00 for it and he had no Letter of Authenticity to go along accept the 90 year old vet that he bought it from.I don't collect buckles so I was just wondering what the story is on items like this.(I told the guy that if he ever wanted to sell it he better get some sort of COA or document that would attest to it's authenticity.Cheers Mike Operaman)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS generals belt buckle

Mike, if you ever want to buy anything like that, I would personally get pictures and stick it on a forum before you part with that kind of money.
    Ben

Hi Mike, I would agree with Ben's comments.

Cheers, Ade.

I would not pay that much if it were Reinhard Hrydrich's belt buckle!!!!!.I was just wondering how much things like that if real go for.

ww2fotos
    ?

Quote by operaman View Post
    i would not pay that much if it were reinhard hrydrich's belt buckle!!!!!.i was just wondering how much things like that if real go for.
    I sure as heck would! Maybe even more

?

Quote by operaman View Post
    I would not pay that much if it were Reinhard Hrydrich's belt buckle!!!!!.I was just wondering how much things like that if real go for.
    Now lets not get too carried away!!!

If the buckle is $3500 for a SS buckle and brocade then it is indeed very cheap!
    Ben

I will be glad to pass your name and email along to this fellow,I have his phone number if you like.

ww2fotos
    ?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    If the buckle is $3500 for a SS buckle and brocade then it is indeed very cheap!
    Ben - there is a nice brocade SS belt (no buckle) for sale right now of WAF for around $2000 - maybe less. It looks like a beauty to me.

Quote by ww2fotos View Post
    Ben - there is a nice brocade SS belt (no buckle) for sale right now of WAF for around $2000 - maybe less. It looks like a beauty to me.
    Nice but I would not pay that for it, you can pick up a mint SS Officer buckle for nearly that!
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast