Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Green Painted Overhoff

Article about: A rare color for an Overhoff SS production since typical production by this maker was usually silver. I would like to know who owns other examples made by Overhoff green painted? Condition d

Default Re: SS Green Painted Overhoff

Quote by grunt158 View Post
    this is about as close up as i can get. overall wear and patina look very genuine to me. pressing of metal looks to be sharp and very clear relief unlike most common fakes. If there is something you see that would make this stand out as a fake please let me know. thanks

To list just some:
    - Eagle's design was a total new design which was created in the late 90's but never existed pre-1945. Fakers used the exact same design for various buckles bearing many different markings. This design is very specific, with an odd eagle's head and feathers on the chest looking really triangular.

-Prong tips (called cut at 45°) are typical of those early fakes (now it has been corrected)

-Ears or wings or the part bent over the post sleeve is not what it should be for an early manufacture. This kind was used for buckles made of steel. An other error fakers did.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Green Painted Overhoff
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2