Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ss gzm m1/131

Article about: Check this out SS EM/NCO's Belt Buckle by "GZM M1/131" GZM SS in Super nice condition Unfortunatly I don't have so much money 2000\\$ regards Piotr

Default Ss gzm m1/131

Hi guys, here is my latest arrival and prize possesion. I know it has been denazifeid but I have never seen one of these for sale before so I just had to buy it (Mrs Evans was not pleased let me tell you!) For the guys that do not know what it is the buckle itself is quite controversial, some guys like them and think they are period buckles, other think they are post war buckles other think they are fakes. My take on these is that in fact they are period and used WW2 buckles. The reason why I think that is all examples that I have ever seen have been ground dug. Dimas the forum owner had a friend who dug on up in Estonia and I know of another well respected buckle collector who dug one up himself. JP Reudeulh has a mint one he bought from Manions which I think he bought thinking it was a fake. To the buckle itself I got it from Klaus Butschek (could not actually believe it had not sold) The buckle has been denazified which is a shame but beggers cannot be choosers. The prong assembly is rusted into the belt and would probably break if removed. On the other end of the belt the hook is in the same condition. It is marked GZM rather than RZM, I am going to let David North or Wim Saris comment on that as I am sure they will. At this current moment in time the M1/131 license number is unknown which is a damn shame!!!! I suppose it is up to every individual to make up their own conclusion on these buckles but I know where my mind lies The final question I have to ask myself is: do I leave the set as it is? do I cut the belt off to where the buckle is? Or do I try and remove the belt and destroy what remains of the prong sleeve assembly? If anyone wants any different pics please ask and any opinions/observations welcome
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss gzm m1/131   Ss gzm m1/131  

Ss gzm m1/131   Ss gzm m1/131  

Last edited by Ben Evans; 03-03-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss gzm m1/131
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ss gzm m1/131

More
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss gzm m1/131   Ss gzm m1/131  

Ben

Last

Ss gzm m1/131  
    Ben

?

What is 'GZM'?
    I should leave it as it is.

Kris.

Quote by Krikke1980 View Post
    What is 'GZM'?
    Kris, as I said in the text I will let Wim Saris or David North answer that one as they have been looking into
    Ben

Great find Ben, a first for me. Never heard of this maker before.
    I would be loathe to do anything to the belt & buckle, but it's yours so your decision.
    Has the other buckle arrived yet?
    Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post

Has the other buckle arrived yet?
    Tom
    Yes Tom there is a thread on it Did your RAD turn up?
    Ben

No, not yet. Have it on layaway with him. By end of this month..
    Will search for that thread, thanks.
    Tom

Ben

Thanks Ben. Seen it just now, what's the consensus now on originality?
    Tom

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast