Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Officers buckle RZM 24

Article about: Welcome I'm new to the forum, I wanted to buckle bought a holiday and quite by accident. It was a fortunate day

Default SS Officers buckle RZM 24

Welcome
    I'm new to the forum, I wanted to buckle bought a holiday and quite by accident.
    It was a fortunate day
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officers buckle RZM 24   SS Officers buckle RZM 24  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officers buckle RZM 24
    P
    Many

I'm not sure how fortunate that day actually was.
    I'm not a buckle guy, therefore I'm not saying this is fake, but from what I understand you should Never see Rzm and Ges. Gesch together on one piece. Think about it, quality control number and pat. pending. Doesn't make much sense, does it?

The buckle is 100% original, congrats.
    Very nice ground dug scarce buckle
    Best regards
    Iván

show the WAF!

Dear torpeda3945

Welcome to the forum.

Please bear in mind that youthcollector1 responded to you within twenty six minutes. Not for one moment did he say the buckle was a fake and clearly declared that he was not a buckle person. It was purely a thinking out loud response in order to generate discussion and this is what this forum is famous for. Later a response from Iván as a buckle expert, confirming that the buckle was original.

I agree with Iván, an original and very scarce buckle by Overhoff, albeit ground excavated.

By all means show the WAF, with or without an exclamation mark, however if you welcome friendly discussion, then you are in the right forum.

We all look forward to future posts from yourself.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Dear torpeda3945

I have attempted to post some other examples of your SS Leaders buckle in a photo merge format and with the intention to include by comparison, your most fortuitous holiday find. When accessing your images that you so kindly posted, I am being blocked. Your images are clearly indicating those from the well known Polish auction site Allegro - for sale.

Perhaps and when time permits, you could post some fresh jpeg images, isolated from those on Allegro.

Thankyou in anticipation.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Hi David, please try these.

Thanks you for your kind efforts.

Original for me too by the way.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officers buckle RZM 24   SS Officers buckle RZM 24  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Dear Ade

Thankyou for supplying the fresh images.

Regards,

David

Hello and welcome to the forum all I can do is echo my fellow forum members and say original and very hard to come by SS leaders buckle, very good find
    Ben

Apologizes; I honestly wasn't claiming this buckle to be original or fake. My only concern was the ges. gesch and Rzm mark being together. I stated my thoughts not as a fact as it was something I learned through a collector, not period documents. He was, however, referring to medals, but I thought it might apply here too. He could've also been completely wrong, but it made logical sense to me at the time.
    Anyways, I am genuinely happy for you as I am always pleased to see another collector add a nice piece to their collection, and wish you the best of luck in your future additions and such.

Add: I actually only have one buckle in my collection, therefore, obviously, I am not qualified to authenticate said item. I should've explained further within my prior post. Once more, I am sorry for any confusion my post may have caused. Also, I believe ges. gesch. would be better defined by, legally protected.

The RZM system was its own legal protection and licensing system, so GES. GESCH. doesn't serve any purpose for RZM'd items. The same is true of maker logos, as the RZM license number identifies the maker as well. However, it does appear a few items were marked with both, such as your item and the HJ honor badge.

Here's a thread which explains it quite well at the forum you spoke of earlier. I'd still find any item marked ges. gesch. and RZM suspect, but remember, too, there is exceptions to that rule, such as in this case.
    Ges Gesch or RZM - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 11-04-2013 at 12:59 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast