Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Overhoff Nickel Buckle

Article about: As some of you will know, I collect the pieces that are dug up from mother earth. I think that an item removed from the soil, can speak volumes. More so than a "minty" item. I have

Default SS Overhoff Nickel Buckle

As some of you will know, I collect the pieces that are dug up from mother earth.

I think that an item removed from the soil, can speak volumes. More so than a "minty" item.

I have had in my small collection a number of years an SS buckle. Not that exciting, but when you consider that it is a nickel buckle, by overhoff, and it has traces of green paint, and the belt is still attached (some missing) But best of all it came with one Ammo pouch. Marked stamped and dated for the SS. A nice touch. It took me a long time to prise this article from a good friend of mine, but I'm sure you will agree, it has character. It came from an area in Russia some years back.

I hope you enjoy seeing it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Overhoff Nickel Buckle   SS Overhoff Nickel Buckle  

SS Overhoff Nickel Buckle  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Overhoff Nickel Buckle 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Overhoff Nickel Buckle
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS Overhoff Nickel Buckle

Very nice John a real piece of History just the way i like them , must admit i'm not a mint man either !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

John,that should rate as a prized possession. So much character.

Rgds, Ty

?

love it !!

I have better things on my wall, one day, I'll get around to photographing them.

How about a PO8 with history, from a pilot Ju88, Battle of Britain, with photographs, and aircraft ID plate

John, any chance of pics of the rear of the buckle, markings and the catch?

Thanks
    Ben

Here you go Ben. Bit Miffed really, took the belt off very very carefully, obviously not careful enough, one of the catch pins disintegrated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Overhoff Nickel Buckle   SS Overhoff Nickel Buckle  

Sorry John, if I'd have known it was that delicate I would not have asked, you have a very nice set there John, condition not fantastic but historically great, love the SS marked pouches, shame the belt is not SS marked too, that would be the icing on the cake
    Ben

hello all!
    Here are my latests....
    only mark on those is the mark of ....TIME!
    Anybody in to see the rear??
    BTW I love yours John Brandon!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Overhoff Nickel Buckle  

?

Hi John, that is a nice relic buckle- but the green is not a paint, this is the oxidation which give the white brass ( I would say nickel doesen't oxidize) the buckle made of some kind of german named white brass- ALPACCA, which contain mixed metals as cooper, nickel, and some other metals, the cooper gives green color. That is normally seen on all of ground dugs buckles , Reichswehr and early SS
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast