Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS RZM marked belt

Article about: Hi folks. I don't know or this is the correct menu to place this belt so Mod, please place it in the correct section if not. Thx. I'm selling this belt (+buckle) on WAF. Moderator overthere

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Yes, these are totally different markings but for some they aren't. (Jean-Pierre)
    Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums - View Single Post - SS RZM marked belt

And again, as already stated, the first marking (above left) has already be ascertained as forgery originating from Austria years ago. There was no problem to buy this production without maker's marking as well. There is no proof currently the marking at right is originating from the same outlet - or there is even no proof the marking at right is a forgery - but odds toward its originality as very slim.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS RZM marked belt
    P
    Many

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    I'm not sure there was fakes in the 60's, nobody was looking for such things.
    Fakes started as soon as 1945. For EM SS buckles the old timer is the well known OLT from the British Tony Oliver which were on the market in the early 60's and still in production.

?

I really dont know how is it possible to say the markings in the 2 belts are different.
    only because runes and rzm are stamped one on the opposite then the other?
    Please... digits are the same.... I would think more to an updated stamp.

Quote by Joda View Post
    I really dont know how is it possible to say the markings in the 2 belts are different.
    only because runes and rzm are stamped one on the opposite then the other?
    Please... digits are the same.... I would think more to an updated stamp.
    Well firstly use your eyes, its not hard to see that they are different! Gents, the thread has come to a conclusion I believe, I wont close it but unless you have something positive to add to prove either fake or original dont turn the thread into a pissing contest. Everyone has their own opinion but with written or pictorial proof all parties will claim they are correct. I am now going to play golf so hope you all have a good day.
    Ben

?

Ben, if you feel right to close this topic its ok for me, but its a pity to see that anytime there is a "hot" debate , we dont reach any conclusion.
    My eyes, and not only mine, see a clear similarity between both markings. Little differences that might be seen are due to the different way to take the picture. Angle of camera, use of flash and natural light..

In particular, I consider it an updated marking because we know J.Pierre opinion about the runes marking before the digits that are considered more correct then the one starting with rzm.
    so, considering that imo both markings are the same, I think it is an update version.

Are we able to reach a final opinion? Compare both markings with a digital caliper, take a camera and have a shot.

I dont mind to argue with you collegues, but I think its right to let the dibate opened.

?

Thanks for your time guys. All of you. At first I was a bit pissed off because of the way the belt was burned on WAF without any proof. Altough there's still no proof.
    But I'm cooled down now.
    I also should apologize myself to Jean Pierre Redeuilh because of my reactions. My fault. Sorry JP.
    Ben was willing to close the thread here on my behalf but our both opinions are that this thread should stay open for reference reasons.
    Hopefully this is gonna clear something up. Real or fake. It's a learningschool for all of us and for future collectors.
    So, conclusion. This thread stays open.
    Amen.

Thanks for that Krisse, I did not want to close it but as per your request I would have done, I do hope at some future point we do get more info as to originality, fake or original at least we will all know either way
    Ben

?

SS 1325 / 43 RZM Marked Belt ?

Here's a belt that's marked '43.

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    SS 1325 / 43 RZM Marked Belt ?

Here's a belt that's marked '43.
    And so?? What is the similarity with a belt marked 201/41 and a belt marked ANYTHING ELSE? Answer: NONE!!!!!

?

Krisse, apart from the fact that this marking is very discussed when found on EM/NCO's belts (as you can see in WAF threads), what is the linkin' with your belt?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast