Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thoughts on this SS RZM 57 buckle and belt?

Article about: Hi guys, Advice needed on this buckle and belt. It's a nickle RZM 57, non magnetic, with a belt stamped RZM 01/38 SS. Apologies for rubbish pics.... So, this will be Allgemeine then? Rare an

Hello,

by this type of belt the hook must be made of steel, fieldgrey painteted . I don't know that any stamps on it under the leather .

I Know what you mean . I hold also a belthook only with SS stamp on the flat field .
    I hold this ric over 25 years and it comes out of a veterans family .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09610.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	194.8 KB 
ID:	566564Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09609.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	566565
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Depends on how early the belt is Lenny, not really my area but I think the earlier belt hooks had SS stampings on them, not sure about the later ones.
    Cheers mate, my leather working friend offered to open it up and check then re-stitch but I declined... I'm happy with it...

Quote by yellow12 View Post
    Hello,

by this type of belt the hook must be made of steel, fieldgrey painteted . I don't know that any stamps on it under the leather .

I Know what you mean . I hold also a belthook only with SS stamp on the flat field .
    I hold this ric over 25 years and it comes out of a veterans family .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09610.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	194.8 KB 
ID:	566564Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09609.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	566565
    My hook is alloy, would this not be the case in 1938?

I'm happy my belt stamping is genuine, just can't understand why some folk say things are fake wihtout backing it up, or is it just that these stamped SS belts are so mega rare no-one has seen many to compare to?

I think Lenny its a lack of knowledge, not a lot of guys collect the belts along with the buckles and these are probably that rare like you said not many guys would have seen them
    Ben

?

Collecting SS is the toughest area of this hobby. There's more and better fakes than in any other area. I didn't pay much attention to SS buckles for about 20 years. I had 8-10 good ones so why bother. Now with the info on the forums and a smart phone I have gotten interested in SS buckles again.

Ben is correct about SS marked leather. It is rare and most collectors have very little experience with the real thing. I hope your belt is real but you did get a great deal on the buckle.

Cheers guys, I think that about sums it up, pretty rare stamped leathers so not many people can compare. Anyway, I'm delighted with belt and buckle, tis a keeper...

I have to admit I did not like the stamp at all to begin with. As usual, I always prefer to be worry than sorry (even if I can also be sorry for not having purchase the item later on...). This stamping was too much out of the norms and too closely related to many forgeries. But two weeks ago I was able to get an early matching set from veteran estate. On this set the buckle was a 63 and the belt was die marked with VASS 1936. Under very close examination it was possible to see another stamp looking very similar to that one, even if I will never know if it is from the same maker. The stamp has double rings around both logos, horizontal lines above and below the numbers and very tall digits. The only digit I can see the rounded top is the last one - 6. Seeing again this thread, looks like it could well be the same except for the 1936 year instead of 1938. The catch / hook on my set is the earlier VT variant which matches as well period of manufacture. But I will never be able to tell for sure mine is from the same maker even if I tend now to believe it could be. On the other end Markus set brings such piece of evidence since he guarantees the provenance of his.

Images of what you have described would be greatly appreciated in order that the Forum may help you.

Regards,

David

I am not worried about my belt but by the shown one. I will upload tonight photos I received from the same marking but a pure fake one. You will be able to compare Yellow12 's to that one (assuming Yellow12' s is indeed original) and decide by yourself.

As promised here are photos of the fake marking. Nobody here can say this is not a fake marking added to an original belt. No way.
    Each time a fake marking is reproduced from an original there is differences. I let you decide if there is differences. Wasn't for Markus input I would never believed this was an original marking. Maybe he can be more explicit how/where he found his.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Original L2 24 K-Riemen und Nachmarkiert RZM 101 38 SS .jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	630876   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Original L2 24 K-Riemen und Nachmarkiert RZM 101 38 SS (1).jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	630875  

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast