Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unfinished aluminum SS officers belt buckle

Article about: A pleasant Sunday afternoon gentleman. I will follow in Arran s footsteps here and post a recent acquisition (not yet in my possession so until it arrives these are the only pictures I have)

Default Unfinished aluminum SS officers belt buckle

A pleasant Sunday afternoon gentleman. I will follow in Arran s footsteps here and post a recent acquisition (not yet in my possession so until it arrives these are the only pictures I have). But I purchased a lot for sale of a wool SS brassard, a pebbled SS button, and this die struck unfinished buckle roundel. The brassard imo is period original, again I'll examine it further once it arrives but I feel confident about it s authenticity. The buckle roundel is highly detailed and has good color, and I have a good feeling about it but would love to hear others opinions please? Thanks in advance and kindest regards.

Brian

Unfinished aluminum SS officers belt buckleUnfinished aluminum SS officers belt buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unfinished aluminum SS officers belt buckle
    P
    Many

For me Brain hard call, I would like to see better pics in daylight
    Ben

Hello Ben. Ya with something this unusual I know it's gonna be a hard call. I was excited about it's potential though. I ll have it by I'd assume Thursday (hopefully). I will post better pictures along with some macro shots as well. Thanks for the response. Best regards.

Brian

We will wait the new pics but I don't like what I see

Additional pictures. Thanks again gentleman.

Unfinished aluminum SS officers belt buckleUnfinished aluminum SS officers belt buckleUnfinished aluminum SS officers belt buckleUnfinished aluminum SS officers belt buckleUnfinished aluminum SS officers belt buckleUnfinished aluminum SS officers belt buckleUnfinished aluminum SS officers belt buckleUnfinished aluminum SS officers belt buckleUnfinished aluminum SS officers belt buckleUnfinished aluminum SS officers belt buckle

Thanks for the response Ivan any particular reasons as to what gives it away? Thanks again.

Brian

Hello Brian
    I don't like the metal color, the poor definition of the details: the rope, the peebled field around the svastica, the dots over the motto, the stamping defects (pic) and the ugly eagle design
    And I think there should not be any metallic slices around the roundel after the stamping process

Unfinished aluminum SS officers belt buckle

Best regards
    Iván

Thanks for your input Ivan. It's greatly appreciated. I purchased this along with the wool armband a SS pebbled button and the IAB I recently posted, all from the same seller. I wasn't sure about the buckle and my concern too were the dots above the motto scroll as they look irregular, but they are symmetrical so I thought it stood a chance. The sellers description was that this was from a stamp run early in production.. but as the saying goes buy the item. It was just a tough call as there is nothing to compare it to. My thoughts were if fake there'd be lots more of them out there like it? In any event I m happy with the other pieces so all in all I'm pleased. I appreciate the help. Kindest regards.

Brian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast