Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

What is our collecting future with fakes? (BEFORE YOU BUY A SS RODO BUCKLE PLEASE READ THIS THREAD)

Article about: Going European ... What's going on with Military Advisor Magazine? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Nice words Rossi by ADR but again when he reads this and I know he does again he provides no proof or argument to his claim, and why? He has none. Again I will put money on it that he replies to his own threads in the fact that no-one else is stupid enough to agree with the rubbish he writes.
    He has at least one friend: PK and I strongly believe he is "Misha" based on the writing style (when comparing to the injurious mails he wrote to me personally). Most likely he also wrote the text under "Henri Fouché" as well. ADR is too retarded to write a text without terms of abuse as punctuation...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is our collecting future with fakes? (BEFORE YOU BUY A  SS RODO BUCKLE PLEASE READ THIS THREAD)
    P
    Many

JP: I am still waiting (which gets boring) for the pages from the RODO-cataloque,
    he mentioned to have. As said before: still in print in China??

Recevez mes salutations amicales,
    Guillaume

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    JP: I am still waiting (which gets boring) for the pages from the RODO-cataloque,
    he mentioned to have. As said before: still in print in China??

Recevez mes salutations amicales,
    Guillaume
    .. or printing a ton of "CoA's" with my name on them takes now all his energy? I do not know why some others (in the WAF) were saying that person was a smart guy? Looks to me a complete moron is the wide sense of the term. He just give for free all the tools to be beaten up. Like a dumb kid playing with a boomerang over and over, not realising it comes back each time hitting his face. Masochism??

?

Quote by Jean Pierre Redeuilh View Post
    I do not know why some others (in the WAF) were saying that person was a smart guy?
    They have probably interests, same business, what is hidden should stay in the dark.
    Never mention real motivations, but don' t forget :

" C' est à la fin que les masques tombent" (M.Proust )

Quote by Jean Pierre Redeuilh View Post
    .. I do not know why some others (in the WAF) were saying that person was a smart guy?
    You know my opinion about the attitude of quite some WAF-members.
    I have learned how they are and keep up their "knowledge", a knowledge
    that most often s*cks! Since a while I am not visiting that forum anymore
    and I feel much better......If some of them start visiting this War Relics
    forum
    , I advise the moderators to get them "banned" as soon as they
    show their faces. It is just a matter of time they will be banned automatically,
    as they soon will start slandering!

What is our collecting future with fakes? (BEFORE YOU BUY A  SS RODO BUCKLE PLEASE READ THIS THREAD)

Everywhere there is good and bad people. Forums are no exception. The more they grow, the more they attract people, good people as well as bad people. For myself, I never found a better source to know what people have in their hands since they post pictures of it. Is the info reliable? There is several ways to find out, where the quickest way is not especially the best way. All forums, tiny to largest have treasures in them for what I am looking for. Reliability of some members, everyday I learn something else. But, for myself, I do not belive a forum makes a person or a person makes a forum. Forum is just one place to dig or reject information based on personal preference.

The new issue of the Military Advisor containing the full article I wrote regarding RODO SS buckles in response to Thayer's article and to AD Royster's fakes promotion campaign should arrive to Bender Publishing in two / three weeks.
    For whoever is not a subscriber, here is what Mr.Bender wrote me:
    "One can order a copy of the magazine if not a subscriber by simply writing me direct and ordering, or going to the website to do it when the magazine becomes available."

It would be nice if everybody who read the thread with interest could buy one copy. Doing so, we will support a publisher who did more than what he should have done. Not only this issue should allow to end Thayer's mistake, but also Bender did not hesitate to publish an article written by someone who is not at all a writer.
    Of course he did not pay for this article and this should be all profit for his company since I will never receive any compensation for my time either but I believe he went the right way and he should be rewarded for his behaviour. Our support should encourage the fight of forgeries.

The "Military Advisor" is mr. Bender's hobby, so to speak.
    It still is in black/white, as in color it would cost to much
    and it could be the magazine had to end. So, it remains
    in b/w, something I do not care about.

I have not ever asked any money for an article. Roger is a
    friend and so one helps a friend, is my opinion!
    When a magazine includes an article of mine, I always get a
    number of free copies, which I can give to my best friends,
    or sell. In fact writing an article does cost me money.....

And what about money. It's gone in a second........
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 09-12-2016 at 04:34 PM.

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    I have not ever asked any money for an article. Roger is a
    friend and so one helps a friend, is my opinion!
    Same here. This is why I am asking readers to get this issue. You, you have a name which is widely known among collectors and researchers. So having your name showing in a publication is an asset for the publication. I do not have that potential. So which asset did I give to Bender? None. He did the right thing to do for this hobby (even if the mess originated from the same publication) and I would like to know him rewarded for what he did. I myself ordered 4 copies. If one of them comes free he would be plenty enough for myself. But other than my time (and the one of people assisting me) I did not invest nothing. The publisher invested money to print his publication, which is different.

When I wrote my first article for the German "Orden & Militaria Journal",
    which was published in September 1976, only a few people knew me. Ten
    years later my first article was published in the German "Info" (June 1986).
    I was asked by the editor. Three years later my first article for the German
    "Militaria" from mr. Patzwall was a fact. This then was my 13th article.

My first article for the "Military Avisor" came in winter 1991. In 2006 volume
    4 for the series "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" was published and my 97th
    article became a fact. All the time I listed everything I wrote and by then many
    learned to know my name, but believe me still many do not have a clue at all
    who Wilhelm Saris is or was. Frankly said: I do not care at all. In all those years
    I got about twelve sincere reactions. Hardly any of them was of such value of
    information I could have made a revised article. Most often the questioner had
    not read well the text.

In 2011 I stopped listing, I had reached over 120 writings (articles and books).
    Maybe one day I will make complete my list up to 2016. For a part there still
    is some spirit, but in the coming years I will not write much articles anymore.
    It is time for the younger generation to take over! My first planned book would
    have had buckles as a subject (about 1980 and would have revealed the RODO
    abbreviation) and various plans will never see "the light"! Various reasons caused
    the project was stopped........

Various books were written about buckles. Only the one or the other is a good
    book; most are not a good book at all. I hope a German friend of mine can write
    his plan to the end in a few years and bring finally the buckle-book at the market,
    which will have the interest of many of the collectors. We will see!!

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast