Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1933 Dagger : No maker marks but opinions appreciated.

Article about: Hi Thank you for taking the time to look. I have been asked to look at this dagger via a "non collector" who found it in a relatives house with other post war bayonets. My initial

Default 1933 Dagger : No maker marks but opinions appreciated.

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to look. I have been asked to look at this dagger via a "non collector" who found it in a relatives house with other post war bayonets. My initial re-action is that it may be a fake, possibly Spanish type BUT just to be fair to the owner began to doubt myself.

Would really appreciate second third or even fourth opinions on this one.

It has no maker marks but is well made with wooden handle and eagle nicely inset. The tang has a "3" on it and possibly a bell shape above it ? Top an bottom cross guard are marked inside with letters "P" and "A". Bottom of the scabbard is dented and the scabbard quite pitted.

kind regards

Tony

1933 Dagger : No maker marks but opinions appreciated.1933 Dagger : No maker marks but opinions appreciated.1933 Dagger : No maker marks but opinions appreciated.1933 Dagger : No maker marks but opinions appreciated.1933 Dagger : No maker marks but opinions appreciated.1933 Dagger : No maker marks but opinions appreciated.1933 Dagger : No maker marks but opinions appreciated.
    Last edited by spandau; 04-04-2019 at 06:51 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1933 Dagger : No maker marks but opinions appreciated.
    P
    Many

The tang mark looks like a star that ordinarily appears on Richard Herder SS daggers. Perhaps this is a ground Röhm?

Quote by Billy G View Post
    The tang mark looks like a star that ordinarily appears on Richard Herder SS daggers. Perhaps this is a ground Röhm?
    Thanks for the input. That's encouraging, can't see any marks or old script to indicate it has been ground down but maybe ?

cheers

Tony

Tang marked with number 3

Producers who used these blades

Carl Eickhorn
    Ernst Pack
    Eugene Scheidt

It would make sense that the blade would be a once Rohm dagger from the first 2 producers listed above.
    Guards are the generic type seen by Piel and Adey.

The scabbard appears in the photo to be an SA scabbard.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

thanks Larry. Input appreciated. Very positive news. cheers Tony