Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1933 Himmler SS Honor Dagger

Article about: Chris you did everything that was asked of you. I have to agree with Wagriff on the overshadowing but hard to prove. This dagger is on the fence,, but it could be one that was an oversight b

Default 1933 Himmler SS Honor Dagger

Hello,

My mother recently went through my grandfathers things and found the dagger in the picture attached. I've done some searching and it seems to look like a 1933 Himmler SS Honor Dagger. It's got "Meime Ehre heist Treue" on one side and I believe "In herzlicher Freundschaft, H. Himmler" on the other, but thanks to my mother's less than stellar photography, the attached picture is really the only good one. I'd appreciate any inputs/thoughts on the value, the history, etc.

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1933 Himmler SS Honor Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1933 Himmler SS Honor Dagger
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 1933 Himmler SS Honor Dagger

No one will really be able to say much with just one picture. I hope this is real, but the details on these things are very important, so better pictures are needed.
    Best,
    Eddie

Get better pics mate, some good close up shots of any markings etc. I also hope it's a good one for you

Value is subjective. Not cheap, if original

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

So far it is looking good, but as said, we need more pics.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yes more pics are needed

Here's a few more pictures. Let me know if there's anything else you guys need to see and I can try to have her take a picture of it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1933 Himmler SS Honor Dagger   1933 Himmler SS Honor Dagger  

1933 Himmler SS Honor Dagger   1933 Himmler SS Honor Dagger  

1933 Himmler SS Honor Dagger  

I like it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Due to the recent rash of spurious SS daggers here of late posted by brand new posters, the photo that I'd like to see is this dagger lying on today's newspaper...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I can definitely have her do that. Is there anything of detail you'd want to see on the dagger? She did mention it has an 8 printed on the cross.

A small "benchmark" number under the crossguard would indeed be a good sign.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast