Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1933 pattern SS Dienstdolch: Need an expert opinion

Article about: Hello, I purchased this dagger about 10yrs ago when I was in Prague. I would like to know what you think about the quality, originality and value of my SS Dagger. Thanks, Jeff

jeffclinger
    ?

Default 1933 pattern SS Dienstdolch: Need an expert opinion

Hello,

I purchased this dagger about 10yrs ago when I was in Prague. I would like to know what you think about the quality, originality and value of my SS Dagger.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1933 pattern SS Dienstdolch: Need an expert opinion   1933 pattern SS Dienstdolch: Need an expert opinion  

1933 pattern SS Dienstdolch: Need an expert opinion  

2. # ADS

SS Ring Man
    ?

Default re: 1933 pattern SS Dienstdolch: Need an expert opinion

I feel this one is no good RZM looks to funkey and the blade has to high of a sheen to it with little graining to it looks way to new.

jeffclinger
    ?

Thanks for your feedback. However, I'm still convinced that this is the genuine article. I'm not sure what you mean about the RZM seal looking funky and the blade doesn't have any grain? Perhaps my photo doesn’t tell the whole story. I’ve added another photo taken in different lighting. Anybody else care to comment?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1933 pattern SS Dienstdolch: Need an expert opinion  

I agree that the RZM logo looks a little odd, M7/91 is for Carl Spitzer. However better photos would be needed to make a true judgement on the piece, it looks like the eagle has been dug out, maybe replaced. It is difficult to comment any further to be honest. Can you photograph the tang? that may give a better clue

jeffclinger
    ?

Thanks for all of your input. I emailed a dealer the photo's posted here in their original size and detail. He has been hounding me every day since then. Seems that he is desperate to purchase it from me.

If it's for a good price, then i would sell it

you have better pic of eagle and ss rune ??????