Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

1933 SS RZM dagger / SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936

Article about: Gentlemen., I thank you for your support as this was not my intention to pull this dagger apart but to be protective of a fellow collector of L33. This is a tough hobby as time progresses an

Default re: 1933 SS RZM dagger / SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936

Gentlemen., I thank you for your support as this was not my intention to pull this dagger apart but to be protective of a fellow collector of L33. This is a tough hobby as time progresses and a keen eye is needed anymore to secure ones valued piece of History.
    @Scout....on Command450s dagger is a Type II, as this had 3 variants and all the runes were well distanced away from the link holes,,The chain in question is a Type I. Comparisons on Type I chains will show a slight distance from the link holes.
    Both of these daggers I believe are genuine but mostly parts and a few questionable as stated from others ,, observations. Chained SS daggers are the most sought after,, and yet the hardest to buy. I would not have a problem with it to be proven wrong as I myself would learn from it,, but from past observations of these types ,, a collectors eyes sharpen when there is a hair in a bowl of soup. Best regards Larry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1933 SS RZM dagger / SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936
    P
    Many

?

Thanks for chain info. The different patterns were news to me.
    I for one certainly did not perceive your comments as anything other than constructive.

No offense taken Scout..thoughts and opinions are what makes this website run!

?

Quote by Siegfried B View Post
    No offense taken Scout..thoughts and opinions are what makes this website run!
    I could not agree more, Siegfried B

It’s very distressing to see a brother collector get hurt. But many times some good can come from it as a lesson on what to look for.

I am still of the opinion that the links were cast (badly it seems) with this being the second new one this year (for me). With an upper and lower jaw, but no really discernible teeth. In sharp contrast with the first one this year which has a prominent set of upper teeth - but also with a well recessed set of lower teeth (ie: a serious case of dental ‘over bite’).

Besides the error with the Sigrunen, the link posted here shows the pits oftentimes seen with casting. Being scattered here and there on both the front and back of the links - some more than others. FP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1933 SS RZM dagger / SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936  

Scout: have a read of this thread:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...pinions-53178/

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Scout: have a read of this thread:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...pinions-53178/

Cheers, Ade.

Ade and the boys did a fine job on the thread there. to the OP here.... Believe me, it hurt some. no one wants to hear bad news. it was just so hard to believe the one chain was not good(the rest of the dagger was fine) but the chain was just not correct. the good news was the other one was a type III,heres a better pic of it. This forum is very valuable and a counterfeiters nightmare. the knowledge here is absolutely amazing!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1933 SS RZM dagger / SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936  

Thanks for posting this link Ade... This is a great dissection of the Chained types. IMO I think by pinning this at the top of the dagger forum, would be a great reference for anyone! This subject is quite rattleing and can even make the advanced collector "squirm" when a challenge arises. Regards Larry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3