Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

1936 Chained SS Dagger, or is it?

Article about: The blade has a sharp central ridge, the motto is not positioned correctly, just little things

Default Re: 1936 Chained SS Dagger, or is it?

I have nothing really to add which has not already been said especially by Larry and Fred.

Clear close up pics in daylight are needed. This is a parts dagger at best.

I am quite familiar with SS daggers. If you do take this apart just ensure you have the correct sized spanner and don't use vice grip pliers or the like.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1936 Chained SS Dagger, or is it?
    P
    Many

Quote by Externsteine View Post
    Larry has already said that discussion is closed on the matter before new photos are posted, Wagriff, so I'm not taking the bait.

Should I take this down or not? That's all I wish to know.
    Say what?? Take a good look at the last sentence of Larry's last post #43 above:

"Still this thread is wide open for discussion about Externs dagger and the period of the Chained scabbard. regards Larry"

Take the bait?? Is this some kind of Game to you? I think we've wasted enough time with this put-together rubbish. What do you think "taking it down" will show? "Made in Japan" on the inside of the tang? You've gone and done what every novice collector has always done-you've bought the story and not the item. Sorry that it hasn't worked out for you, but that's just the way things go.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Extern,,, my best advice would be to try to shoot photos inside a well lit room with the use of indirect lighting..light colored walls....The decision to take this dagger down is totally up to you and I would understand fully if you chose not to..you would still remain anonymous. If you choose this route a dremel wrench the kind that comes in the kit with the tool itself to remove chuck fittings. Make sure not to have the wrench rest on the top guard or it will leave a swirlmark..there is plenty of clearance between the nut and the top guard. take photos of the top and bottom of the grip to view the tang clearance holes...also inside both crossguards a full length pick of the tang both sides and side view to view any billet clamping marks. A pick of the tang threads.

I am trying my best to give you the benefit of the doubt of your daggers authenticity but I also fully understand the other members frustration with just words and nothing to support your claims. I reopened this discussion myself back on the 35th and 36th post,, as seeing a late RZM dagger in a chained scabbard brings it into a new direction. The collectors here who have so far commented have knowledge of daggers as they would not post their comments if they didnt see something that was not correct. I wont let this thread turn into a slug fest...but i wont let it go on myself if photos do not appear in the very near future. This thread will close and your dagger will go into the archives as another parted dagger. i hope this will not be the case if no photos appear...but we have tons of no shows there to refer to...if needed..so in respect to you..your dagger would be of use to this forum regardless of the outcome. Best regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you very much, Larry. I will give the take down some more thought, as you make it sound easy, but I don't want to do anything hasty.

I will get more photos posted to this thread ASAP. I would appreciate it if all discussion was suspended until then, in order to avoid cluttering the thread with nonsense. As Larry stated above, it will be eductional to see more details regardless of the dagger's authenticity. If it's a fake, it's a damn good one, and every collector would be wise to familiarize himself with it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6