Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

2 x SS Daggers

Article about: Hello all, I've come across these two daggers for sale and would like to know your opinion on them. I don't know much about SS edged weapons so bear with me.

Default 2 x SS Daggers

Hello all,

I've come across these two daggers for sale and would like to know your opinion on them. I don't know much about SS edged weapons so bear with me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 x SS Daggers   2 x SS Daggers  

2 x SS Daggers   2 x SS Daggers  

Attached Images Attached Images 2 x SS Daggers 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 x SS Daggers
    P
    Many

Default Re: 2 x SS Daggers

The Chained 36 Himmler is a monstrosity and looks to have been a put together piece that's been embellished with a poorly done and low quality inscription. The chain does not match the anodized scabbard and is probably from a late war piece as it's rusting badly. The 33 may be okey, but more and better photos would be needed-especially of the makers mark, and closer shots of the motto and grip sections. It's hard to tell if it's been polished from the photos(I'm guessing that it Has-probably when the rust blob was removed from the spot beneath the motto), but the blade Looks to be in okey shape otherwise from what I can see-aside from the damage spot beneath the motto.
    Bottom line, the chained piece is worthless and not at all for consideration for a collector. The 33 in it's present condition? IF it's not been messed with to any extent more than what is apparent and obvious, you're looking at around a $1500 piece. I would advise avoiding both of them and finding yourself a better piece. They're out there and Way better investment potential than these 2 wrecks.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Harv,,,I agree with Wagriff on his observations. The M36 ( Chained SS ) has many issues that do not conform to other examples. Mainly the inscription and the post war Chained hanger. I have seen tarnished chains,,due to the plating types used,, but never rust to this extreme. The reverse links are too shiny almost to a mirror finish.
    The m33 stands a chance but better photos ,,,and no flash,, would preferably be best,, close ups would help out alot. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks very much for taking a look at the daggers guys, I think I'm going to just avoid them all together.

Mike

Although the pictures are horrible I'm trying to see why the chained scabbard is a fake.
    It's a steel based type I with an anodized scabbard and plated fittings. This is exactly how these were made.
    Steel does rust and often we see these rusted.
    As far as the Himmler again I could not condemn this from what I see.
    Just my thoughts...