Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

33 pattern SS Dienstdolch? Prob not...

Article about: So my grandfather found and gave me this dagger after purchasing an antiques store and it's remaining stock. I am fairly certain it is not authentic due to one thing that does not add up...

zach423
    ?

Default 33 pattern SS Dienstdolch? Prob not...

So my grandfather found and gave me this dagger after purchasing an antiques store and it's remaining stock. I am fairly certain it is not authentic due to one thing that does not add up... the blade inscription is the ss blade's "my honor is loyalty" however the logo on the reverse says it was manufactured by wusthof (though I'm not sure if the logo is even legit) and as far as I know wusthof didnt produce any ss daggers only sa daggers, in which case i believe it should read "everything for Germany." Then there is the handle, apart from the poorly crafted ss logo and mangled eagle the grip itself does not properly fit with in the crossgaurd and pommel. So I'm pretty sure it is not authentic but any opinions would be appreciated. I am keeping it regardless, but it would be cool if any part of this at all is authentic. Again, any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 33 pattern SS Dienstdolch? Prob not...   33 pattern SS Dienstdolch? Prob not...  

33 pattern SS Dienstdolch? Prob not...   33 pattern SS Dienstdolch? Prob not...  

33 pattern SS Dienstdolch? Prob not...   33 pattern SS Dienstdolch? Prob not...  

2. # ADS

?

Default re: 33 pattern SS Dienstdolch? Prob not...

the eagle was changed to a fake

Poorly assembled parts dagger with a home-made grip?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Zach,,you pretty much summed it up with your description. The motto is in a class of its own!