Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

'33 ss dagger

Article about: Marked Carl Eickhorn, does it look original? Thanks Ado

ado
    ?

Default '33 ss dagger

Marked Carl Eickhorn, does it look original?

Thanks
    Ado
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture '33 ss dagger   '33 ss dagger  

'33 ss dagger  
    Attached Images Attached Images '33 ss dagger 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement '33 ss dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: '33 ss dagger

it looks origional to me the ss rune on the handle looks odd but best wait for more posts
    tom

The dagger itself looks good so far. But it would be nice to see some better images.

Cheers, Ade.

Dagger and anodized scabbard look to be 100%. Vertical hanger is missing the upper buckle strap, and appears too "new", in my opinion. Hard to be sure from pictures. Poor stamping of Roman numeral "I" on reverse lower crossguard, but not a major concern. Just my two cents worth.
    Mark

agree with the guys but like they say better pic's would be more helpfull,
    cheers Ronnie

ado
    ?

Sorry guys, i know pics suck but that is the best i got! would anyone of you risk on buying this one without looking at more pics?

it would completely depend on the price as it is in good but not brilliant condition if it to high then no but it is lower than average yes

Hi Ado, I am not a gambling man. Never been in a betting shop in my life, nor bought a lottery ticket. So that tells you about me! When it comes to militaria, I don't take risks either. Trust me, taking chances leads to tears in 9 out of 10 times.

It does stand a chance is the best I can say. But if it were my cash, I would want to see more and better quality pics. Put it this way, how much can you afford to lose? What is the asking price I you don't mind me asking?

The vertical hanger is not original to the dagger as we look at it today. The scabbard is the wrong way around for starters. Grrrrr... my hate hate. But as John mentioned the strap is replaced and done badly at that. They have put the solid strap in place of where the buckled strap should go. As a result the hanger is sitting too high. Compare to here, this is what you should be seeing:

http://www.lakesidetrader.com/pics/Ss-273d.jpg

Cheers, Ade.

ado
    ?

Ade Thanks, this dagger is at the auction and right now is at $1600, and still week to go, if some of these people are bidding either they are sure it's good or they are out of their mind, if there is really so much ? question marks on this dagger as you clearly pointed them out, then i am out as well.

Thanks for your help
    Ado

ado
    ?

althought i did see daggers like this one (eickhorn) should run close to $6000 if i am not mistaken!?