Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Advice please on an SS chained dagger

Article about: Hi, would really appreciate your advice on an SS chained dagger. Do you think it is genuine? Pictures attached in an intact and dismantled state. I am a bit worried about the wood damage aro

Default Advice please on an SS chained dagger

Hi, would really appreciate your advice on an SS chained dagger. Do you think it is genuine? Pictures attached in an intact and dismantled state. I am a bit worried about the wood damage around the eagle on the grip. Do you think this is natural wood shrinkage?

Advice please on an SS chained daggerAdvice please on an SS chained daggerAdvice please on an SS chained daggerAdvice please on an SS chained daggerAdvice please on an SS chained daggerAdvice please on an SS chained daggerAdvice please on an SS chained daggerAdvice please on an SS chained daggerAdvice please on an SS chained daggerAdvice please on an SS chained daggerAdvice please on an SS chained dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Advice please on an SS chained dagger
    P
    Many

The answer is no, it's not natural wood shrinkage, and from the (poor quality) images overall it looks like one of the "East Bloc" fakes. Best Regards, Fred

The grip eagle has certainly been replaced-and crudely so. The entire grip has been badly messed with. I would advise looking elsewhere...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The grip eagle has certainly been replaced-and crudely so. The entire grip has been badly messed with. I would advise looking elsewhere...

In agreement, the chainset itself is fake and the list gets longer. With the 'elsewhere' I hope far, far away. Best Regards, Fred

+2

...there is a well known dealer that would of said the skull tabs on this supposed Type 3 were authentic ..just to create a lie for revenue.

The Center ramp is laughable , mimicking a Type A fitting ...not even close! The detail intertwined Swastika ( which I will not repeat ) is not present.
    Without enlarging the Motto photo..it appears to be laser etched. The whole blade is junk. The tang marking means nothing and is unattributed

The grip is authentic enough to show what happens to period wood..while prying out the grip eagle.

HistoryMan dont waste your time and surely it was priced for a cheap song.

Reach out to our forum sponsor > Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals
    for an authentic example safe and secure.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Historyman..I started a new thread by moving your post into its own thread seen here. The forum requires that each edged type have a thread of its own for a separate study.

Need Help on 2 SS daggers

I edited it for content to create a new question

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

thank you Larry and everyone else for their advice.

6 posts and the forum Webley is called into play once again? It's getting like Dodge City around here.....

Advice please on an SS chained dagger
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

What did I say about Henk Stok in the other topic?
    This is also one of his dubious pieces...