Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Böker opinions

Article about: Hello everyone! I am a member of several militaria buy/sell/trade Facebook groups and was presented this Boker to buy. On initial exam I feel that dagger is authentic however I do have some

Default Böker opinions

Hello everyone! I am a member of several militaria buy/sell/trade Facebook groups and was presented this Boker to buy. On initial exam I feel that dagger is authentic however I do have some questions on the scabbard.

I appears to me that the scabbard is painted or a repainted anodized.

There is corrosion on one side of the scabbard and corrosion around the upper and lower fittings as well.

The dagger handle has chipping as is common with these. Various other cracks in the handle are also present.

Some folks at WAF noted this appears to be a ground Röhm but it has not been presented by the seller as one.

The ask on this is €1.600 from Serbia to the US. Is that a good price for this quality level of dagger? It's rough condition in my opinion. Or, can better daggers be found for not much more? I've stuck to SA's as of now so I don't feel comfortable making a price estimate on this one. This would be my first SS dagger and I would like something not considered sub-par by the community but won't break the bank.

Böker opinionsBöker opinionsBöker opinionsBöker opinionsBöker opinionsBöker opinionsBöker opinionsBöker opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Böker opinions
    P
    Many

Dont break your bank ! ...and glad you brought it here as those FB groups dont really know what they have or they do know and will hump it up to pawn it off on a novice.

A Question : How are the condition and quality of the SA daggers you have and would you settle for less ?

The scabbard itself has been messed with and not most likely does not belong with this dagger. ( Look at the Scabbard fittings against the paint. )

Grip eagle has been replaced and the grip itself is in not so great of condition.

Next Question : How many SA daggers do you have ?
    and surely the price of 5 SA daggers will land you a decent and acceptable conditioned Early SS dagger.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

SS daggers are a minefield AK

Many threads gain alot of views and they may not comment as they do not want to give out the wrong information by spending your money.
    Have patience threads sometimes takes a few days to a same day reply.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Good points Larry. Thanks for your insight! What exactly tells you the eagle has been replaced? The overall fit, where the chipping is or both?

So I have this Asso and I'm in the process of buying this one at WAF. Both cost me $800 each. I'm aware the blade is cleaned on the Malsch but the blade is in beautiful condition regardless. SS daggers command a premium as we all know but I'd be hard pressed to spend $3-5k for one unless it was outstanding. And even then I'd have to put a lot of consideration into it. Because that takes funds from other items I could acquire.

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Böker opinionsBöker opinionsBöker opinionsBöker opinionsBöker opinionsBöker opinionsBöker opinions

Quote by akriener View Post
    What exactly tells you the eagle has been replaced? The overall fit, where the chipping is or both?
    Hi AK..you nailed it !!..Overall fit and you can see the wings lifting away from the wood. The gouging around the eagle.
    Dont settle for less no matter how bad you want an SS dagger ...and some things take a little more time than others.
    Acquire a whole unmessed with example ..and surely you will feel very satisfied that your purchase is the real deal.

You wouldnt purchase a banged up used car although some used cars are just fine and pre owned..but why drive away with the hood ornament torn off and replaced with a Mack truck Bull dog.

This day and present times buying SS daggers or any SS related items will take a little more time than others because of the demand for them. The decision is ultimately yours in what ever you do.
    I would encourage you dig a little deeper in research.

Best Regards Larry

Thank you Larry!