Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chained SS Dagger

Article about: Hello, I have been contacted by a seller whose chained SS Dagger Picture Below is up for sale. This dagger was from his father's collection and has been stored well for over 30+ years. He is

?

Default Chained SS Dagger

Hello,

I have been contacted by a seller whose chained SS Dagger Picture Below is up for sale. This dagger was from his father's collection and has been stored well for over 30+ years. He is looking to sell it and as we know they don't go cheap. I have studied the threads here and admittedly have held only 2 of these beauties in my hands over the years. It is a purchase I will likely need to have time to consider & look it over in person in detail. I wanted to run it past my dagger and collection peers here on WRF. Open to any and all opinions as I consider it.

Rossi

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger

Chained SS Dagger
    Last edited by Rossi; 06-11-2018 at 03:15 AM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chained SS Dagger
    P
    Many

Type A wotans knot on a Type B assembly ...I would like to see very good pics of the weld seams on the chain links.

Wotans knot itself is a little odd and not familiar with this kind with a pimple inside the top clover but I would not call it fake either...and only upon a hand inspection should this be decided.

The blade is a beauty ....and " only by the photos and the lighting used " .....the scabbard reflects a late period paint job but again..the lighting gives that effect and better pics minus any flash would be helpful. I can not give a thumbs up or down on this one until more photos are posted.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Type A wotans knot on a Type B assembly ...I would like to see very good pics of the weld seams on the chain links.

Wotans knot itself is a little odd and not familiar with this kind with a pimple inside the top clover but I would not call it fake either...and only upon a hand inspection should this be decided.

The blade is a beauty ....and " only by the photos and the lighting used " .....the scabbard reflects a late period paint job but again..the lighting gives that effect and better pics minus any flash would be helpful. I can not give a thumbs up or down on this one until more photos are posted.

Regards Larry
    Thanks Larry. Trying to get some more pictures and also seeing if I can pay this one a personal visit. Appreciate you being a resource to lean on in regards to this one. More to come as I get it.

?

..See Updated Pics Above. Not feeling good about the newer pictures.

Awesome pics ..thankyou .....Runaway........tabs are plated and are not supposed to be on any early Type A or B1 Chain assembly.
    With those new pics..I thought the tab skulls did appear kind of malformed. Link connector welds are heinous. Not going to publicly say why and to advance the craft of the fakers.

The plating just shot this one down ...mixed bag of good and bad. Sorry Kirk
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Awesome pics ..thankyou .....Runaway........tabs are plated and are not supposed to be on any early Type A or B1 Chain assembly.
    With those new pics..I thought the tab skulls did appear kind of malformed. Link connector welds are heinous. Not going to publicly say why and to advance the craft of the fakers.

The plating just shot this one down ...mixed bag of good and bad. Sorry Kirk
    No need to be sorry Larry. I would not have posted it if I would not have had concerns as well. This is why blade brothers are from another mother. I needed better pictures which you encouraged and with my knowledge being a C grade on Chained SS. I realized I needed to go up the DAGGER CHAIN on these Chained SS as they can be a mine field as well. Fun to see the forum work as it should. (Verify...Validate) Have a good night and thanks!

Rossi

?

Appears to be a nice M36 dagger throughout.

?

Quote by JRMeda View Post
    Appears to be a nice M36 dagger throughout.
    Hey JR,

I like your chain assembly on your website much better...Chain Assembly for Type A M36 SS - D521

Too many thumbs down with a few respected dealers such as yourself and peers here as well for me to take any chances on this one. Just IMO. Waiting for a more textbook piece.

Rossi

I like the dagger. I have a similar Wotan's Knot with a fixing pin head visible. See attached pix.

Chained SS DaggerChained SS DaggerChained SS DaggerChained SS DaggerChained SS DaggerChained SS DaggerChained SS DaggerChained SS DaggerChained SS DaggerChained SS DaggerChained SS DaggerChained SS DaggerChained SS DaggerChained SS DaggerChained SS DaggerChained SS DaggerChained SS DaggerChained SS DaggerChained SS Dagger

The example from Gastvrijheid works for me. VERY NICE!!!! The thread starter not giving me the same feeling. Best Regards, Fred

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast