Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chained SS Dagger Restoration

Article about: Hello friends, thanks for your comments. Tom, I was very lucky when I find Holler dagger in this condition, it is surprising, but this dagger was kept in old wardrobe covered with pieces of

Default Chained SS Dagger Restoration

Below are photos of incredible restoration work completed by a master craftsman in the Czech Republic.

Chained SS Dagger Restoration Chained SS Dagger Restoration Chained SS Dagger Restoration

Chained SS Dagger Restoration Chained SS Dagger Restoration Chained SS Dagger Restoration

Chained SS Dagger Restoration Chained SS Dagger Restoration

Chained SS Dagger Restoration
    Last edited by Larry C; 05-19-2015 at 10:17 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chained SS Dagger Restoration
    P
    Many

Above is some incredible restoration applied to an abused Chained SS Dagger. The Dagger in its prior condition appeared to be an Initial production type..either a
    Type A / III.. or a Type B.
    A Keen eye will be able to identify some details that this dagger is NOT a Total Initial production restoration. Still yet, very good work from this person in the Czech republic. This is quite scary to the novice or the unseasoned collector.

This thread will also serve to be a guide what to compare to with future edged weapons restored..and what to observe in details. Thankyou Peter for sharing this informative thread both..both the beautiful restoration of an edged artifact..and the detailed study for the type collector to study first before spending. Thread pinned

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Mind blown.... Soooo many questions!!!

1) How did he cleaned the blade and the metal parts so perfectly?

2) Did he crafted a wooden handle from a wood brick?

3) For how long was he cleaning this beauty?

4) What was the cost for such a work?

5) Did you used all the original parts or did you replaced some of them?

Lets stick with these questions for start...

3)

Hello,

At the first I have to say thank you to Larry, for his comment and of course for help with this thread.
    LizardKing - I already don´t know answer for your questions, but I promise you I will ask my friend Peter and he certainly explain me everything

Best regards

Peter
    Last edited by PeterCollector; 05-20-2015 at 07:42 AM. Reason: gramar

Impressive work.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Very nice work!

this restoration shown here "in motion" shows his great craftmanship!
    The blade has had a complete new grain which looks very nice, the etch is well done, but a bit to high on the center ridge.
    The grip is impressive, to start with a pice of wood and ending up like this is scary....the inlay of the eagle is perfect.
    An outstanding job!!

Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 06-30-2015 at 07:49 AM.

Outstanding Achievement.
    I am very impressed.

All the best
    Doug

Hi, restorer finally answered me and now I can answer to all questions. At the first, whole restoration costs 3 months of work, sometimes several hours per day, but of course with break. Price for restoration was 1000 € including all parts and work. Blade was polished with scratcher and then newly etched with acid like authentic piece. Wooden handle is made of real ebony. Chain and pins are authentic, but was purchased from INTERNET.

I apologize for my late reply, but here is everything I know about restoration of dagger. I hope its help. I´m also preparing to send some more items to restorer from my collection, and I believe you will like it too

Best regards

Peter

Absolutely stunning piece.
    What a preservation of history
    Well done and a bargain
    All the best
    Doug

?

Sorry to sound negative about this but this is too much restoration work for me, the dagger is now more fake than original. With a new handle, new etch, painted scabbard and parts added that were bought from the internet I would not want this dagger in my collection. Looking at that I would not be looking at a piece of history but something that was created yesterday. If this whole new grip, etch, paint job and other parts are acceptable then where does it stop, you might as well have a whole new dagger. Not for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast