Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Christmas SA Daggers

Article about: Hello all, as part of a project I am working on I ask for your assistance in identifying all known SA Christmas daggers out there--including the so called "small a" as well as full

Just because anyone authors a book..doesnt make them solid proof.

NEVER in this hobby ...EVER take anything at Face Value. Research on your own and go deeper..and prove that what has been authored is correct.

Authored books are a good starting point on what has been found to date which alot of info is still missing and not complete ..and not let a book be the ending point.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Christmas SA Daggers
    P
    Many

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Research on your own and go deeper..and prove that what has been authored is correct.

Authored books are a good starting point on what has been found to date which alot of info is still missing and not complete ..and not let a book be the ending point.

Best Larry
    That is my main point in this post. It is hard to find anything about these engravings. It seems to me that so far every dagger that doesn't have one acorn in the middle of the top guard is post-war (one example of many). Since I started looking for more information on these types of engravings, it seems like there are a lot of variations, but I haven't found any that have been discussed as genuine anywhere. I have also found similarities via google here on the forum in older threads.

Would be nice to have a list of recommended books for specific types of daggers. Thoughts?

?

#4 what is the JEWISH STERN doing on the placards on the rite of the photo?

Quote by toot View Post
    #4 what is the JEWISH STERN doing on the placards on the rite of the photo?
    This is an advertisement for the cigarette brand Bulgaria Sport, (also it is the Bulgarian national football team).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Christmas SA Daggers  
    Last edited by LieDetector; 10-17-2021 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Left out quotation.

?

Quote by Drambejz View Post
    I know it's older thread but I have found one SA dagger listed as Christmas one recenty. No gonna lie I really like this one. But I didn't find much information about Christmas SA daggers.
    This one should be the prototype version based on the first type eagle in the grip.
    I hope this post will help us learn more about it, if we have anyone here who can shed some light on the subject
    Unfortunately, your dagger is bad. This manufacturer did not manufacture Christmas daggers. Eagle in the handle, a copy for raising the cost of the dagger. With regard to engraving, one can argue about the time of its application. But on some grounds, I consider it also post-war.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Christmas SA Daggers  

?

Thumbs down

The eagle looks like a pelican. Here is another. Made from a stickpin.

Christmas SA Daggers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2