Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

The dagger of SS Brigadeführer Dr. Hermann Haertel

Article about: The dagger is obviously not a pretty example. Far from it. However what it lacks in condition it makes up in history. I picked up this numbered M33 Eickhorn ground Rohm knowing it was resear

These numbered daggers have always intrigued me, but I don't own any, and I own one or two SS daggers. This one particularly makes me a bit nervous for every reason in the book. I know you are just showing the dagger, but I would ask if you have any provenance on the dagger, documented of course? You say you have heard stories of post war stamped daggers, what is your method of diving the good from the bad?

While there is no acceptable v. unacceptable font for these numbers, they are not the "typical" font whatsoever. Moreover, when one zooms in on the guard, it appears to be corroded at some time or something, as there are small dimples all throughout the guard, but interestingly it appears the numbers were stamped over that corrosion. That's what really gives me concern on this one. To each their own as everyone knows, but just my thoughts.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The dagger of SS Brigadeführer Dr. Hermann Haertel
    P
    Many

Well under my observation, if you compare the front and rear of lower cross guard it seems the guard has been heated as the metal appears to be porous from the heat, so stamping would penetrate easier, also below the numbers there is scuff marks as if it was held.

Mario

?

If you want to see a post war numbered SS dagger take a look at this FAKE full Rohm by Wittmann for $27000

this will give you something to talk about, maybe start a new thread about it

Wittmann Militaria #37592C SS Enlisted Man's Full Roehm Dagger with Serial Number by Carl Eickhorn
    Last edited by Larry C; 09-01-2015 at 08:41 PM.

hahaha, well this dagger has been destroyed online so the only buyer is going to be someone at the upcoming Max or an old collector who doesn't use the internet!!!

What are your thoughts on this one Mac?

?

Quote by THE RED BARON View Post
    hahaha, well this dagger has been destroyed online so the only buyer is going to be someone at the upcoming Max or an old collector who doesn't use the internet!!!

What are your thoughts on this one Mac?

Fake blade, number font the same as the numbered FAKE SS dagger Wags showed on WAF, the numbered Fake full Rohm SS Wittmann thread was pulled on WAF & i was Banned along with some other guys, no explanation given, see you over on WAF in 2 months.

You are referencing the dagger in this thread or the Rohm? I definitely don't like the numbering on this one though.

I've been there on WAF my friend; freedom of speech doesn't exist in cyberspace haha

?

Quote by THE RED BARON View Post
    You are referencing the dagger in this thread or the Rohm? I definitely don't like the numbering on this one though.

I've been there on WAF my friend; freedom of speech doesn't exist in cyberspace haha
    Help is all. What are the "typical" fonts?
    Thanks.

?

Meant to say "Help us all."

What I consider typical is just a different font, I don't have access to any pics, but for example, the curly 2 on this one I've never seen before. My biggest concern is really what appears to be the heated guard etc., as stated above. I agree not all stamped daggers used the same font obviously but there are some that are just more believable than others. And with the guard issues, I just don't like this one.

But if the owner likes it, so be it

Additional photos of the number.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The dagger of SS Brigadeführer Dr. Hermann Haertel   The dagger of SS Brigadeführer Dr. Hermann Haertel  

The dagger of SS Brigadeführer Dr. Hermann Haertel  

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast