Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

The dagger of SS Brigadeführer Dr. Hermann Haertel

Article about: The dagger is obviously not a pretty example. Far from it. However what it lacks in condition it makes up in history. I picked up this numbered M33 Eickhorn ground Rohm knowing it was resear

?

Quote by THE RED BARON View Post
    You are referencing the dagger in this thread or the Rohm? I definitely don't like the numbering on this one though.

I've been there on WAF my friend; freedom of speech doesn't exist in cyberspace haha

Wittmanns Fake Rohm !, check out the font on the Wittmann Rohm against the Fake SS Wags showed, do a search of Wags threads & bobs your uncle, i personally like the font on the dagger in this thread.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The dagger of SS Brigadeführer Dr. Hermann Haertel
    P
    Many

Ah ok. I know exactly what you are referencing regarding the rohm etc. That was a mess on WAF. As for this piece, I respect your opinion just differ haha. The font isn't per se the "dagger," what kills it for me is the other aspects described. Also looks like there is some black/darkening deep in the numbers....wonder if its just dirt or something else.

?

Quote by THE RED BARON View Post
    Ah ok. I know exactly what you are referencing regarding the rohm etc. That was a mess on WAF. As for this piece, I respect your opinion just differ haha. The font isn't per se the "dagger," what kills it for me is the other aspects described. Also looks like there is some black/darkening deep in the numbers....wonder if its just dirt or something else.

Yup i know the condition of the SS dagger is bad, its had a real hard life !

As said earlier on the thread it looks like the crossguard was heated before being stamped, makes sense as the stamping goes deep & looks a little warped close up , looks like dirt in the numbers .

With all due respect to some of the fellow contributors and their input for, against, or indifferent, this thread is lacking informed commentary. No one is bringing any meaningful visual or historical evidence regarding the various stamping tools, methods, period fonts, etc. I wish those who are not versed in these objects to refrain from further comment. And to bring in a major dealer's unrelated dagger is entirely unhelpful. This is undoubtedly a gray area of collecting that could use some unbiased scholarly light. I remain optimistic that the number is period authentic. I invite those closest to experts in this field to weigh in. Feel free to direct them to the thread.

You have gotten the most informed commentary that exists. Those that have handled many of these daggers. It is obvious that something is off about the lower guard's finish, and it appears the numbers were stamped thereafter. As noted by many on WAF in these situations, the people commenting are the ones you are going to have to persuade if you ever attempt to sell the dagger. These are the SS dagger collectors. Something to think about....

seventyeight I personally have owned a few numbered SS daggers... And it is my personal opinion that it is not right. take a long hard look at that guard.... I would like to see a close up of the back side and the inside of this guard to answer more doubt.

Mario

?

Unidentified number on a RZM 120/34 SS dagger i used to own
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The dagger of SS Brigadeführer Dr. Hermann Haertel  

Agreed with Mr. 78th..stay focused gents..and do not let this thread lean too much..away from the original intent of this thread. Some Great information from Rosss Kelbaugh and Glad you are aboard..thankyou Ross for your invaluable information regarding the Haertel Dagger. See you at the Max Show also.

Wittmanns dagger for sale should be used as a study tool only..and not any personal attacks upon his dealing practices or his inventory. This is not the reason why we are here. I will ask you to please refrain from any insinuations..or other the mention of other websites that sheds light on Wittmann...not on this particular thread ..Please!

If a study can not ensue between the 2 daggers minus the negative Rhetoric aimed at Wittmann and not towards the study of the dagger......
    ..........(( a Thread Closure will be Enforced. ))

It appears the Information Provided By Ross K..has brought a new light of discussion in possible shared Identity between the dagger and Haertel. The study of SS Numbers on both examples are welcome compliments of Mac66.

Please let this thread grow into a study and research class. Mudslinging will be reserved outside of this forum..or elsewhere on the web. Thankyou Gents Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I'm not trying to sling any mud but simply state that this is not an authentic attributed dagger per myself and others EXPERIENCED IN SS DAGGERS.

Thankyou Red ..... stay cool no one was pointing a finger at you..my reply is for the overall thread...no singling out..OK ?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast