Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

The dagger of SS Brigadeführer Dr. Hermann Haertel

Article about: The dagger is obviously not a pretty example. Far from it. However what it lacks in condition it makes up in history. I picked up this numbered M33 Eickhorn ground Rohm knowing it was resear

?

We are all good so don't worry anyone just buy me a soda at the show. I just hope the dagger is returned!
    Thanks guys,
    Bob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The dagger of SS Brigadeführer Dr. Hermann Haertel
    P
    Many

Bob I sure will stop by and say Hi, And all the soda you want

Cheers

Mario

?

I am looking forward to seeing everyone!
    We might have to celebrate and have a beer even!
    Bob

I know a good place Hofbräuhaus was an excellent time last year from what I can remember

Mario

?

Mario,
    Sounds like fun to go with you and Billy! Let hook up early at the show and make arrangements!
    See you then,
    Bob

Please explain how you can tell a pre-1945 stamped number from a post 1945 stamped number. I think this is something I would need to know if I was spending 5 figures. Not just dealer reassurances.

Quote by bluemax View Post
    Please explain how you can tell a pre-1945 stamped number from a post 1945 stamped number. I think this is something I would need to know if I was spending 5 figures. Not just dealer reassurances.
    Difficult.
    One method to detect postwar stamping/engraving is close examination using a high magnification lens to detect if stampings/engravings interupt scratches, or other surface defects present before the suspect stamping/engraving was applied.
    In the period a factory finished surface should not have surface defects, scratches etc. Not foolproof, but a tried method.

Yes Bob will do, I think I can find a few other followers too.........Gastvriheld you are correct, very difficult, that is why many stay away from stamped cross guards, unless it has good providence. Also handling many and studying the stamping........ But there are good fake ones out there. When there are red flags it is best to stay away IMO.
    I personally owned a few number daggers, one was researchable.
    Just like anything if there a way to make profit the fakes will follow.

Best

Mario

?

Sounds like a plan Mario!
    Bob
    PS- On the numbers, it is not an exact science in my opinion. In part I like to see a European style font, I prefer to see a natural undisturbed patina, provenance helps as well as "just looking right". Not a science just a good guess in reality. On the piece in question, I bought it with a small premium for being numbered and sold it for a small premium being numbered. I guess when I have tried to research pieces they are not able to be researched so I don't bother. Not bothering has yielded a SS general and a SS RK holder to the buyers, oh well, such is life for me!

?

I just wanted to add, several of the people who responded on this thread are my friends and I greatly respect their opinions and knowledge. All of these people are people who have helped me in the past which I greatly appreciate!
    Thanks and see everyone shortly!
    Bob

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast