Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

The dagger of SS Brigadeführer Dr. Hermann Haertel

Article about: The dagger is obviously not a pretty example. Far from it. However what it lacks in condition it makes up in history. I picked up this numbered M33 Eickhorn ground Rohm knowing it was resear

?

If identifiable, I like the service records to support the type of dagger to which the numbers were applied. If the SS Mann's records show that he did not qualify for the Ehrendolch or chained dagger, let someone else buy it. There can be mistakes in the records designating receipt of the Ehrendolch, but the membership dates and previous associations with the SA, HJ and SS will be documented correctly with multiple ways to check the accuracy of the records. I personally have collected daggers that I am the only person who knows to whom it belonged and the records support the ownership and other criteria that interests me. To date, I have identified 236 numbered SS daggers (out of about 1000 world-wide) to men not in the SS-Dienstalterslistes and I own more than a dozen myself. I would like to see those daggers or at least be told of the numbers that have been declared fakes. That would be useful for collectors today and tomorrow. It would not be impractical to actually create a visual database of all good numbered ones as a reference and establish their provenance. An easy place to start would be with the numbered unground SS Ehrendolch. I have recorded 24 of those that are identifiable. Some have declared several of those to have faked numbers but offer no evidence. I have also examined enough of these to begin to identify what styles were used to apply numbers to the Ehrendolch by particular units which I will share in my upcoming lecture at The Max. A lot has been discovered in recent years that few know about and there is yet so much to uncover. Due to necessity of price and fakes, we are moving beyond the "well I know it's bad because of what I've seen" mentality. JMO

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The dagger of SS Brigadeführer Dr. Hermann Haertel
    P
    Many

?

Quote by THE RED BARON View Post
    Dastvrijheid, fraudsters target beat up pieces because it is the only way to make them valuable. This is a simple truth. I have seen many many humped up daggers, both beat up and nice condition.

Do you realize that you can find Haertel's SS number with a simple google search? It's not a secrete look for yourself, he is halfway down the list.....

SS-Brigadef

And just because he may not have an ehrendolch listed as an award, this is no matter as it was often left out, like many other awards, the records were not perfect.

This was a fraudster's job. You can believe as you want, but this is a clear issue. No one can seem to explain why the reverse of the lower guard, where the numbers are has spots? The front doesn't appear to? Why would this be? Why do those spots not appear within the stamped numbers? I am now finished with this post, but this dagger will never sell as attributed to an experienced collector.
    I am interested in the evidence that receipt of the Ehrendolch "was often left out" in the records. My experience had been that may be accurate for Totenkopfrings, but I would like to know more about that relating to the Ehrendolch. In that case, you usually have multiple records available to prove qualification which was very important at the time. I don't see how one could make an accurate judgement for qualification for Haertel's Ehrendolch just based on this on-line information. But I am always ready to be educated.

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    Fake blade, number font the same as the numbered FAKE SS dagger Wags showed on WAF, the numbered Fake full Rohm SS Wittmann thread was pulled on WAF & i was Banned along with some other guys, no explanation given, see you over on WAF in 2 months.
    When was you banned?

?

Quote by kreta1961 View Post
    When was you banned?

24th August

Date the ban will be lifted: 10-24-2015, 02:50 AM

miss e-stand the most

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    24th August

Date the ban will be lifted: 10-24-2015, 02:50 AM

miss e-stand the most
    A shame that you and a few others are banned.no place for the truth,for some of these faked full röhm daggers

Quote by THE RED BARON View Post
    I'm not trying to sling any mud but simply state that this is not an authentic attributed dagger per myself and others EXPERIENCED IN SS DAGGERS.
    I agree with you Red.

?

Quote by kreta1961 View Post
    I agree with you Red.

What do you not like about it apart from the obvious ?

I am learning a lot about these numbered daggers here and appreciate the information. As far as being banned from WAF is concerned, I'd view it as a temporary and welcome vacation from a snake pit.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6