Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Double Proof Eickhorn

Article about: Hi Gents, Just tried to made some pics of my latest suprise. Transitional Eickhorn RZM 941/38 SS. Ron

?

Default Double Proof Eickhorn

Hi Gents,

Just tried to made some pics of my latest suprise. Transitional Eickhorn RZM 941/38 SS.

Ron

Double Proof EickhornDouble Proof EickhornDouble Proof EickhornDouble Proof Eickhorn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double Proof Eickhorn
    P
    Many

?

Hi Ron,

Very nice conditioned Transitional Eickhorn SS

Congrats on your latest SS Dagger Purchase !!

Regards Mac 66.

?

What a nice dagger! Very cool!

?

What a beaut!!!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

lovely one.

- - ------- - -

lovely one.

I agree with Harry .. Dagger is quite lovely indeed. Grip has a Klaas look to it .. Which has a thinner less bulbous appearance. Very nice congrats thanks for sharing and adding to this Forum . Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Guys it is a beatifull dagger. I boughtt this without the hanger. The hanger is a unissued Original SS hanger I shall see if I have pictures of it. Otherwise I shall make them tomorrow.
    Ron

?

Ok I found something about the short hanger:

SS SHORT HANGER MID PERIOD

This probably unissued rare SS Short Hanger still has mint leather throughout. The leather is marked, “SS 4/38” on the reverse facing, with SS in a double circle. The snap clip and oval buckle are both good quality, nickel-plated types. The clip has some markings that we don't see too often and are quite interesting; it marked, “RZM M5/184” and then there is another (unidentified) marking that resembles a bowling trophy or the like. The strap is complete with a small retainer loop.
    Condition: Mint unissued.

Double Proof EickhornDouble Proof Eickhorn

Ron

Great transitional! Thank you for sharing.
    Mark

Hi Ron..that Mid period hanger is not looking too promising..in many ways. Middle period was not ink stamped..and I also realize that RZM5/184 belongs to Linden & Funke Gmbh..who made snaps for SA,NSKK and SS. Yet this stamping on the bottom of the snap is no different than an ink stamp on leather, which means nothing. Fakers study also.

There are certain attributes that a mid period SS hanger possesses. Photos of both sides and close ups of the round snap studs in the leather both sides would be beneficial..and hopefully to prove me wrong otherwise. I doubt it though. The snap clip itself..of the RZM number is way too close to the belt loop opening..and the bottom of the snap appears to be the flatter variety seen with repros.

Please also show a side view of the spring mechanism inside the snap...and that logo "thingy" next to the RZM number I have never seen before in the mid to late period types.

A hanger like this would be something I would invest in to match the Mid Time period dagger that you have SS Hanger - A168
    Just in case the link dies..here are 2 photos of a 2 pc SS hanger

Double Proof Eickhorn Double Proof Eickhorn

With your hanger..Im a bit uncomfortable with..but surely..the extra photos you provide may prove otherwise. I dont mind to be told wrong..and I will be first to admit it..but lets see what it looks like up close in those areas. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast