Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

E-442 Model 1936 SS Chain Dagger

Article about: Hey Guys I found this nice chained ss dagger a while ago and the more I look at it the more I want it but it is most definitely a big step up from the last one I posted both in quality and p

Default E-442 Model 1936 SS Chain Dagger

Hey Guys I found this nice chained ss dagger a while ago and the more I look at it the more I want it but it is most definitely a big step up from the last one I posted both in quality and price but at $4900 USD it seems to be a pretty good deal but certainly alot more then I wanted to spend but this is very very tempting.............. . The seller has given a much better description then I ever could so I could copy and paste it for you guys if that would help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture E-442 Model 1936 SS Chain Dagger   E-442 Model 1936 SS Chain Dagger  

E-442 Model 1936 SS Chain Dagger   E-442 Model 1936 SS Chain Dagger  

E-442 Model 1936 SS Chain Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement E-442 Model 1936 SS Chain Dagger
    P
    Many

For 5 Grand, I would definitely expect the Blade to be in better condition than this one is-not to mention the heavily damaged wood Grip.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yes I agree with you the blade is in poor condition but I guess I just really love the chain............. .

Hi Rusty sorry for the late reply..this dagger and chain are not of Initial production...but the 3rd Type II variant type. Considered Type II B2 according to Ralf Siegerts SS reference Chain timeline. The blade etch is the shallow type normally seen a little rough looking but authentic...it was there during the time. History matters most . The grip fits well..but has a few chips here and there..but this is common for this type of wood to do this. Priced accordingly and fair for its condition. Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 07-23-2014 at 04:08 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks again Larry for your expert opion. Its quite a bit more then I wanted to pay but I think very much worth it for a chained ss dagger and somthing I will enjoy displaying in my antique weapons collection for many years to come : )

It could just be the lighting/imaging, but if possible I would like to see some closeups of the face side of the chain done at least as well as the backside of the SS stamped link. With my thinking being that a bright nickel set of top and bottom scabbard fittings seems to be contrasting with the duller look of the chain set. And when I tried to enlarge the front side digitally for a better look I was unable to. Like I said it could just be the imaging. But in this day and age, and the blade's condition - I'm thinking that a little extra caution might be in order. Best Regards, Fred

Hello Fred and thank you for your comment, Do you think the chain is genuine perhaps off another dagger of the same period?? if so that would not concern me to much or is it possibly a reproduction?? Im sorry but I dont have any more pics............ .

Hi Rusty, Fred's only trying to put your mind at rest and save you money, as it seems you are worried, Larry is here to give constructive criticism and if he says it's okay then it is. Also if other members say its good but not in the best condition...... If you like it happy days.
    Regards SK

Quote by Rusty282 View Post
    Hello Fred and thank you for your comment, Do you think the chain is genuine perhaps off another dagger of the same period?? if so that would not concern me to much or is it possibly a reproduction?? Im sorry but I dont have any more pics............ .
    If those are the only pictures you can get personally I would say Caveat Emptor. And I can't really say for sure what is going on here. But I can say that while it's been going on longer than that, in the last 48 months or so I've seen some really good reproductions that passed first inspections from some of these who specialize (with sometimes long contentious discussions). And multiple PW conversions of the M 1933 using both old and new chain sets added to the scabbards. With this example having another fault, besides the condition of the blade, in the images that makes me suspicious - needing a better look. And while I've seen even flat out fakes go for 10K - 5K is still 5K. But if we can't see some much better pictures I can't really give a much more definitive answer than what I've just stated. Best Regards, Fred

Hello SK, I hope I didnt offend anyone with my last comment Im sure its quite obvious I dont really know what im talking about haha but I certainly appreciate everyones opinion and if these guys believe its the genuine thing then I am very happy : )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast