Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Early SS Dagger by Robert Klass (my 1st purchase)

Article about: -- Hello everyone. Just joined the forum and pleased to meet fellow enthusiasts! I recently purchased the first item of my now growing collection of German treasures. I'm now hooked on the h

Default Early SS Dagger by Robert Klass (my 1st purchase)

-- Hello everyone. Just joined the forum and pleased to meet fellow enthusiasts! I recently purchased the first item of my now growing collection of German treasures. I'm now hooked on the hobby and look forward to purchasing more in the near future.

Early Model SS Dagger
    - Roman Numeral III (Berlin)
    - Overall pretty good condition imo. Small chip on reverse of handle. Some wear on the blade but no chips or pitting. Small dent on the bottom ball. Sheath is quite fine.
    - Produced by Robert Klaas (not sure what year? '33 - '36?)
    - I haven't cleaned anything and not sure if I even should?

Sorry for the poor pictures. Taken at night with my iPhone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS Dagger by Robert Klass (my 1st purchase)
    P
    Many

?

Looks good and your are right to not clean it. Looks good just as she is IMO. Welcome to the gang here on the forum bud.

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

-- Thanks Rossi. Great to be here. I only just wiped the blade with a micro fibre cloth after taking the pic to get any fingerprints off. Apparently a guy walked into my local Military Antique store with two of these. One was sold before I saw it but it was missing two screws in the scabbard. I snapped this one up before it sold to someone else and paid $3,100 CDN. A good deal imo and I'm very pleased.

One question for members: Were the words in the motto on the blade originally filled with black paint, dye? As you can see mine is worn off if the case be true.

Looks fine. Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum!

If you wish to be a little more adventurous, you could clean the blade with some "Semichrome" polish.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A good honest kissing cranes Klaas that "was there". I don't know if I would have paid $3100 for it, though...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Mediumtall..welcome to the forum...maybe in time you can shoot more pics..with no flash..and more of indirect lighting...OR..outside on an overcast day also produces the best results. A cameras flash will give off the wrong impression on details of the fittings on your dagger. At First glance because of the flash..the fittings ( cross guards and Scabbard fittings ) appear to be plated making this a parts dagger from a later period.
    I am sure this is not the case with your dagger...yet the photos with no direct flash..will not wash out any detail and necessary patina needed to see ..what is common on Early SS type daggers.

Other than what was mentioned above especially by Ade..which would only draw the beauty of the blade out more ( one cleaning should be sufficient )..the cross guard fit to grip fit is nice and tight, as is the blade shoulders to guard fit also is nice to see. The wood is just lovely and is the stained variety..with medium contour ridges. Shows wear and usage. Nice pickup cool military Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Mediumtall View Post
    One question for members: Were the words in the motto on the blade originally filled with black paint, dye? As you can see mine is worn off if the case be true.
    Hard to tell,how it was done. But here is a close up from one of mine,which was disappeared from market since the 50's.
    I assume, it was darkened with a kind of protection coat,see pics attached.
    Welcome to the dark side

Regards,
    Gerd
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SS Dagger by Robert Klass (my 1st purchase)   Early SS Dagger by Robert Klass (my 1st purchase)  

Congrats on your first SS dagger. I have two SS by R. Klass. In my opinion, at $3100 you overpaid for this example.

Please, dont´t polish, or, clean this decent dagger to death !
    Only oil the blade flimsy, that´s enough !

Very interesting, how the Zeugamtsstempel is hallmarked !

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Please, dont´t polish, or, clean this decent dagger to death !
    Only oil the blade flimsy, that´s enough !

Very interesting, how the Zeugamtsstempel is hallmarked !
    Often seen on Klaas daggers.

Schön dich hier zu treffen

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast