Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

early SS ground Röhm dagger w/ anodized scabbard

Article about: Hello all, I just posted this one in the classified section and wanted to show some more photos of it here. This was purchased directly via Estate sale from the daughter of a 78th Airborne T

Default early SS ground Röhm dagger w/ anodized scabbard

Hello all,

I just posted this one in the classified section and wanted to show some more photos of it here. This was purchased directly via Estate sale from the daughter of a 78th Airborne Troop Carrier Flight Officer that was a Battle of Burp Gun Corner participant. The cross guards are marked "AR" internally. This is a dagger with a lot of character!

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture early SS ground Röhm dagger w/ anodized scabbard   early SS ground Röhm dagger w/ anodized scabbard  

early SS ground Röhm dagger w/ anodized scabbard   early SS ground Röhm dagger w/ anodized scabbard  

early SS ground Röhm dagger w/ anodized scabbard   early SS ground Röhm dagger w/ anodized scabbard  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement early SS ground Röhm dagger w/ anodized scabbard
    P
    Many

Like it William

Correct sub contracted guards for this producer.....including large upper triangle grip a signature of Eickhorn.

I will post the identity of the blade forge marking A15 later.

Worn but very desirable condition.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Fantastic and beautifull dagger. To bad of the broken tip but hey, they can't all be perfect... ;-)

It appears that the tang is slightly bent.
    Other than that, well used and original.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The Tang Forge marking comes back to the Herm Konejung Producer.

early SS ground Röhm dagger w/ anodized scabbard

Produced early SA and HJ and HJ double proofed knives. ( Dual Logo )

Nothing wrong with this blade being forged by this producer for Eickhorn.
    Eickhorn was large enough to sub contract their work orders out to other producers.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The verdigris on the upper sheath mount shows that a vertical hanger was likely recently removed. I wonder what happened to it? A shame,indeed, about the broken tip. Perhaps the late owners kids tried throwing it-which could also have resulted in the cracked grip wood. It still should clean up quite nicely regardless and display well.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

[QUOTE=Wagriff;1692674]The verdigris on the upper sheath mount shows that a vertical hanger was likely recently removed. I wonder what happened to it?

Looks like it was taken off & sold separately.

A nice dagger in worn condition William!
    I wish I would find some of these over here,
    Regards,
    Gerd