Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fake ss dagger database

Article about: Hi SS dagger collectors. For long time now I'm playing with the idea to make a thread regarding Fake SS daggers. Goal of this topic is, to post and discuss all fake SS daggers that you come

?

Default Fake ss dagger database

Hi SS dagger collectors. For long time now I'm playing with the idea to make a thread regarding Fake SS daggers.
    Goal of this topic is, to post and discuss all fake SS daggers that you come across on the net and of those that you know are for sale.

Meaning is that collectors and future collectors of SS daggers have a quick reference to these daggers as they pop up more and more...
    So, if you find them, post them and give some explanation. I hope it will become an interesting and informative thread.

Thanks,

Kris
    Last edited by KRISSE; 07-12-2017 at 07:23 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake ss dagger database
    P
    Many

?

Default Transitional Henckels (dancing idiots)

The first one I want to start with is this transitional SS dagger with a J.A. HENCKELS ZWILLINGENWERK - SOLINGEN logo.

These daggers popped up couple years ago after some Solingen leftover blades were bought up. Suddenly these kind of daggers came up as well.
    A give away is the 'taille' of the left Zwilling which is much thinner then the right one.

The insignia in the handle, eagle and grip, are Obvious fakes as well. As if the dyed grip.

So, future collectors, be aware for these dangerous daggers. They look nice and crisp, but are bad.

Fake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger database

Krisse,

Great information, thanks for sharing. I have a question regarding what you mentioned about the Solingen Blades..

When you mentioned that a bunch of leftover Solingen blades were bought up, were the blades left over from WW2?, and were they already engraved, or were these engraved and RZM markings added after?

Hope this is not a stupid question, just was curious since I hear a lot about parts daggers being constructed out of excess original parts, such as blades after the war, and of course the repro daggers that are being made today...

Great information by the way..

Smitty

?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Krisse,

Great information, thanks for sharing. I have a question regarding what you mentioned about the Solingen Blades..

When you mentioned that a bunch of leftover Solingen blades were bought up, were the blades left over from WW2?, and were they already engraved, or were these engraved and RZM markings added after?

Hope this is not a stupid question, just was curious since I hear a lot about parts daggers being constructed out of excess original parts, such as blades after the war, and of course the repro daggers that are being made today...

Great information by the way..

Smitty
    Off course this is not a stupid question. There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers... :-)

My answer is; I actually don't know if they were engraved or not. Maybe some were and some were not.
    I know this from fellow collectors who have told me this.
    Others here probably can tell more...
    Last edited by KRISSE; 07-15-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Period dies have been used postwar all the easy into the 1970s ...that were salvaged or those producers outside Solingen who may have been sub contracted to produce blades for the larger companies .

Scary stuff for sure and is why the collector must be extra diligent in his research ..discerning the differences in details.

Its why I shy away from most RZM type daggers as these are heavily faked. A keen eye will see the differences as Krisse has posted above.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Default Fake Herder

Here's another fake that was posted recently. The thing is trying to be a Herder.

Points of attention here:

-The Logo
    -The inscription
    -The Roman number II on the lower guard
    -The grip and off course it's insignia. (The SS button is a very bad fake)

Fake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger database

?

Another fake to pay attention to!
    A Pfeilringwerk Solingen marked SS dagger.
    Off course some more experienced collectors know that this maker only made SA-daggers.

Points of attention:

- first of all, the logo!!!
    - grip insignia (especially the SS button, which is not an accepted original type.)
    - plated guards and fittings on a supposedly early maker marked dagger.

Fake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger database
    Last edited by KRISSE; 07-21-2017 at 10:26 PM.

?

Here is a dagger that is for sale on GMC by Henk Stok.
    Although the dagger itself is imo build up as parts dagger with Original parts, the scabbards itself is totally fake.
    It tries to be a type C.

Points of attention:

Dagger:

Grip with replaced and restored insignia.

Scabbard:

-fake patina
    -shape of skulls and runes on the links.
    -shape of the wotanknot.
    -fake Kulturzeichen (crossed SS runes on the back of the first link)

There are more things to add but the above are enough for me.

DON'T BUY THIS DAGGER!!!

Fake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger database
    Last edited by KRISSE; 07-21-2017 at 10:26 PM.

?

Here's another Henk Stok product on GMC.

Blade might have a chance but better pictures from the inscription and RZM logo are needed to determine.
    I just don't think it has a good chance honestly...

But..., I don't think I have to mention the grip itself... now do I?
    Obviously a amateur job with fake insignia.

Points of attention:

-the grip and insignia.

Fake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger database
    Last edited by KRISSE; 07-21-2017 at 10:29 PM.

?

Next one is a Romuso marked SS blade.

Romuso never made SS daggers. Not that I know off anyway. :-)

Points of attention:

-Romuso logo
    -Inscription on the blade itself which is laser etched.
    -a leather buffer on the bladeshoulders which wasn't done.
    -plated guards on a supposedly early maker marked dagger.
    -no screws on the scabbardfittings.

-insignia probably fake as well but hardly visible due of blurry pictures.

Fake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger database
    Last edited by KRISSE; 07-21-2017 at 10:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast