Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First SS Dienstdolch by Gotlieb Hammesfahr

Article about: I just purchased my first SS dagger from a forum member (I am no longer a virgin). The handle is a little loose at the top cross guard and I wanted to get recommendations on what to do? Also

Default First SS Dienstdolch by Gotlieb Hammesfahr

I just purchased my first SS dagger from a forum member (I am no longer a virgin). The handle is a little loose at the top cross guard and I wanted to get recommendations on what to do? Also I don't know much about the maker if anyone has any comments I would appreciate it! I plan to add many more of these to my collection someday when I can afford to!!

Sam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First SS Dienstdolch by Gotlieb Hammesfahr   First SS Dienstdolch by Gotlieb Hammesfahr  

First SS Dienstdolch by Gotlieb Hammesfahr   First SS Dienstdolch by Gotlieb Hammesfahr  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First SS Dienstdolch by Gotlieb Hammesfahr
    P
    Many

Default re: First SS Dienstdolch by Gotlieb Hammesfahr

Tighten the top nut Only with your Fingers and do Not under Any circumstances crank it down hard even then. If you do, the heat and humidity and temperature changes will absolutely crack your grip wood. Do Not use a wrench or pliers! Very Nice Dagger! Congrads on your first! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

kiss your cash good bye now. nice dagger to add to any collection.
    andrew

Thanks! This forum helped tremendously!! Some really good folks on here!!

Great dagger mate, I see it is district stamped Berlin, very nice. It is a nice early one too having the makers name with no RZM mark. You can find lots of good info on these at Lakesidetrader German Dagger & Military Collectable Site. Also a good book is "Exploring the Dress Daggers and Swords of the German SS" by Thomas Wittmann.
    Last edited by sandgroper; 11-19-2011 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Add more info

welcome to the dark side and yes you no longer are a virgin. You have a very nice early SS example. The Roman numeral III is rare in itself!! Great maker combined with a rare District mark. hard to find!! Congrats. In the condition the blade is in it would not hurt to clean it up a bit with some simichrome polish and wipe it down real good, until it shines, with no streaking left. Then apply Ren wax on the blade because it is the blade overall which is your investment.

Hi Sam, sound advice from all.

Congrats!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice buy Sam and a nice maker, you no doubt will be saving up for your next dagger fix welcome to the darkside ,
    cheers Ronnie

?

Sam, Your 1st SS dagger is a nice peice

Congrats

Thanks all! I really appreciate it!

Sam

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast