Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FULL RÖHM by RICH.ABR.HERDER - Real or fake?

Article about: I found a posting for this dagger for a very reasonable price. I get the feeling that the seller doesn't really know what he has, but the handle makes me feel uneasy. Even if the handle was

Default FULL RÖHM by RICH.ABR.HERDER - Real or fake?

Hello, I found a posting for this dagger for a very reasonable price. I get the feeling that the seller doesn't really know what he has, but the handle makes me feel uneasy. Even if the handle was a repro, it would still be a good buy for the asking price. What do you think?

FULL RÖHM by RICH.ABR.HERDER - Real or fake?FULL RÖHM by RICH.ABR.HERDER - Real or fake?FULL RÖHM by RICH.ABR.HERDER - Real or fake?FULL RÖHM by RICH.ABR.HERDER - Real or fake?FULL RÖHM by RICH.ABR.HERDER - Real or fake?FULL RÖHM by RICH.ABR.HERDER - Real or fake?FULL RÖHM by RICH.ABR.HERDER - Real or fake?FULL RÖHM by RICH.ABR.HERDER - Real or fake?FULL RÖHM by RICH.ABR.HERDER - Real or fake?FULL RÖHM by RICH.ABR.HERDER - Real or fake?FULL RÖHM by RICH.ABR.HERDER - Real or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FULL RÖHM by RICH.ABR.HERDER - Real or fake?
    P
    Many

Hello. Welcome to the forum. Imo it's all bad. The motto is not centered on the blade. The fit on everything is very poor. The scabbard is painted. The handle as you noted looks plastic etc. I also don't think a person who doesn't know what they have, would know to photograph under the crossguards and on the blade tang for maker marks? A lot of red flags. Kindest regards.

Brian

?

Wow, This is one for Larry and the fella's for sure, I'm going to follow this thread to see the out come.. Too bad it's been taken apart IMO, I thought I read that could throw things off balance.
    Attached Images Attached Images FULL RÖHM by RICH.ABR.HERDER - Real or fake? 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

What is a reasonable price ?
    If I was searching to acquire one of these daggers ..I would want less of a Disney effect in the photos. Everytime we get one of these daggers its the same effect...without the smoke and mirrors we would see the truth.

Without seeing a closeup of the motto ..it already is " Not " a Herder Motto as depicted by the serifs on some points of the letters.
    I am quite sure this is laser etched.

The rest of the internal casting details dont make a difference as the guards are marked for Friedrich Herder and the tang is EP&S. Supplied fittings for assembly by the producer.
    mid period scabbard also.

Get a closeup of the motto ..if the seller can not oblige ...its crap
    Just curious of the etch.

Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Textbook laser etched blade.

Did Rich.Abr.Herder actually do a Rohm Inscription SS?

Quote by Stevade View Post
    Did Rich.Abr.Herder actually do a Rohm Inscription SS?
    Hello yes I do believe they did. Refer to this previous thread started by Larry. Also there was in another older thread with a link to one sold by Ulrich's of England that was a well documented example. Best regards.

Brian

June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern

Well, I haven't heard from the seller so far after asking for detailed pictures of the etching and I'm not holding my breath. Thank you, everyone, for the analysis.

Larry: The asking price was 1100 USD. I know what the genuine ones sell for, but I'm from central Europe and sometimes you can find real gems on the local market here.

I would not pursue the dagger, especially as the Dealer is not forth coming with further pictures, and the comments are very negative.

Herder did produce SS Röhm daggers, I own a partial Röhm by this maker and have seen others. And I agree that the originally posted dagger is modern garbage. Price alone should be a huge red flag too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast