Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Full Rohm SS dagger by Eickhorn

Article about: Here is one that I really like, and hope you enjoy it also. Besides the outstanding condition of this Full Rohm example, what I really like is it tells a story by it's wear. It is my opinion

?

Default Full Rohm SS dagger by Eickhorn

Here is one that I really like, and hope you enjoy it also.

Besides the outstanding condition of this Full Rohm example, what I really like is it tells a story by it's wear.
    It is my opinion, that the hanger was last placed there by the SS man when it was issued.
    The dagger was worn a few times, and then put away, obviously due to the Rohm expungement order.
    Fortunately the SS man, didn't choose to make a grind job himself on the dedication or send it to the factory for a professional job.
    I believe this example was a 'G.I. grab piece' that was turned in in a pile when the Allied Weapon surrender was initiated, or found by a G.I. in a house.

Returned to the states and put away is what appears a climate friendly area, and untouched for decades.

Dagger was never cleaned, or disassembled. Scabbard still retains some original 1934 lacquer.
    Blade exhibits, outside of the runner marks, 100% cross grain and burnishing in the motto and logo.
    Grip has a few small not distracting scratches. Eagle is well set, SS runes button has full enamel.
    I have not removed the hanger since I acquired this example, as for me, doing so would take away a tiny bit of history.

Wagner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Full Rohm SS dagger by Eickhorn
    P
    Many

There are 2 great experiences that are tied for 1st place...Christmas and the Birth of a Child

In this realm of collecting..a dagger of this rare magnitude..runs a close second .

Thanks Serge for sharing this great piece of history. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Serge,

WOW !!!, very rare

Top condition as well with origional vert

Love it, Want it, Drool, Drool, Drool

Best Mac 66.

A beautiful example that some of us can only dream of owning wags!
    Thanks for posting this pristine piece.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

...incredible rare... maybe one of the rarest SS regalia chapeau

Drop dead gorgeous, you own a very nice treasure that many would love to see in person and every dagger collector would consider having a limb cut off to own. I dont use my left arm much anyway :-)

?

Guys, Thanks for the all kind words. Glad you like it. Pleasure to showcase it here.

?

Serge what more can i add that hasnt been said?

What stroke me the first time i held a SS Rohm dedicated dagger in hand was the crispness of the dedication.
    Razorsharp set like a pencil stripe, we now see here a magnified picture make it look big, but in hand it realy pops of the blade!
    Love this gorgeous dagger!!

Regards,
    Ger

?

Thanks Ger.

best of the Hunt,
    Serge

As Ralph says above, one ''that some of us can only dream
    of owning'' - myself included. Great dagger.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast