Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

H. Himmler's Christmas SS dagger????

Article about: Hello people, this topic is meant to start a interesting new (to me) discussion, speculation,... regarding Himmler's SS dagger shown on this picture. Yesterday I've found this picture on the

Well,until a clear shot is found of this unusual grip eagle, it will have to remain a mystery. The SA shown,btw, seems to have "Alles Fur Deutschland" as it's blade motto.

I do admit, though, that the legs of the eagle seem to be longer in Himmler's dagger, so it could well be the alternate eagle version, but it's difficult to say. I wonder just how many different daggers that Himmler ever had? Apparently, he had Many!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement H. Himmler's Christmas SS dagger????
    P
    Many

?

Thanks FB.

Well, I'm trying to find out if this is a proof that there must have been existed 'SS Christmasdaggers' aswell and if someone knows this being a fact or not...
    Or if someone noticed this picture before...?
    Because this would be new for me to and I think for a lot of other people as well I guess...

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Thanks FB.

Well, I'm trying to find out if this is a proof that there must have been existed 'SS Christmasdaggers' aswell and if someone knows this being a fact or not...
    Or if someone noticed this picture before...?
    Because this would be new for me to and I think for a lot of other people as well I guess...
    I noticed the picture, but I look for other things, as you well know.

?

Indeed, I must have mistaken me regarding the inscription. It's the same text, just another font.
    I tought I saw the 'Deutschland über Alles' in the past somewhere...

H. Himmler's Christmas SS dagger????H. Himmler's Christmas SS dagger????H. Himmler's Christmas SS dagger????I look for this, without putting too fine a point on it.

Indeed, I must have mistaken me regarding the inscription. It's the same text, just another font.
    I tought I saw the 'Deutschland über Alles' in the past somewhere...
    The SA dagger you enclose is intriguing, and I am sure someone with the required skill with roger up with wonderful data of great merit.

Do let me say this in a collegial spirit that we welcome your presence here: I saw your thread on cap badges on the mayhem website. The exchange about cap badges
    went very far south. We do well here with a very high level of inquiry.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The SA dagger you enclose is intriguing, and I am sure someone with the required skill with roger up with wonderful data of great merit.

Do let me say this in a collegial spirit that we welcome your presence here: I saw your thread on cap badges on the mayhem website. The exchange about cap badges
    went very far south. We do well here with a very high level of inquiry.
    Well thanks for the kind words FB.
    I must admit that I realize that I more like to bring my time true here then there...
    Anyway, I did learned more here then there in the past... Where I thank all of you for... :-)

Well thanks for the kind words FB.
    I must admit that I realize that I more like to bring my time true here then there...
    Anyway, I did learned more here then there in the past... Where I thank all of you for... :-)
    The key is to struggle for knowledge with good humor and a certain sense of the whole.

- - ------- - -

I am also manifestly not a dagger person, so I shall bow out in silence.

The dagger that Himmler wears is an SS Christmas dagger ..which only a very mere handful were ever produced. Tom Wittmann had one for sale way back when before modern day was digitized. I have seen this with my own eyes and in color. I am in the process of sorting through his old paper bound catalogs from the 1990s.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The dagger that Himmler wears is an SS Christmas dagger ..which only a very mere handful were ever produced. Tom Wittmann had one for sale way back when before modern day was digitized. I have seen this with my own eyes and in color. I am in the process of sorting through his old paper bound catalogs from the 1990s.

Regards Larry
    Thanks Larry.
    So, they did exist...
    Should be logic afterall I guess as these SA's exist...then why not SS daggers?
    I wonder how the inscription would have looked like...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast