Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hello I was wondering why this police sword has a SS marked blade?

Article about: The short, short version: Perhaps even more well known in gun collecting circles. Collector/contributor Joe Wotka developed the information regarding the “SS-Kulturzeichen”, which he provide

The short, short version: Perhaps even more well known in gun collecting circles. Collector/contributor Joe Wotka developed the information regarding the “SS-Kulturzeichen”, which he provided to Tom Wittmann for his SS book, and persuaded him to change the previously wrong introduction date of the Police swords from 1936 to 1938. And with some additional discussion, the “SS-Kulturzeichen” itself seems to be something similar to a licensing/royalty stamp that Police officials were asked to look for when making a purchase. With something like a 50/50 or 60/40 split on the number of swords where it is physically present, and not necessarily indicative of anything in particular like status. That was not optional with the ceramics by Allach, or the M 1936 daggers. But the pommel Sigrunen another matter that may have needed paperwork if my recollection is correct. Best Regards, Fred

PS: There is at least one photo in existence of what looks like a dagger inspection team in operation. So it may be that the "SS-Kulturzeichen" stamps served more than one purpose such as an inspection/acceptance marking for some items (and another reason why I've personally never liked certain types of supposedly factory assembled daggers). FP
    Last edited by Frogprince; 04-25-2014 at 09:39 PM. Reason: additional information

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12