Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed with serial number

Article about: Hi guys Firstly I am no expert, in fact far from it. I am looking at buying an SS dagger from a dealer to compliment my small third reich collection of bits and pieces. The one I am looking

?

Default Help needed with serial number

Hi guys
    Firstly I am no expert, in fact far from it.
    I am looking at buying an SS dagger from a dealer to compliment my small third reich collection of bits and pieces.
    The one I am looking at has a set of numbers (233722) on it and I am hoping that this makes it identifiable.
    Does this mean anything to anyone here and if so i guess it would be nice to do some historical research so any guidance will be greatly appreciated.
    Regards
    Rich

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help needed with serial number
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Help needed with serial number

The number is above the cross guard and there is also the Roman numeral 111 printed on it.
    The dagger is described as Early Model 1933 SS E.M. Dagger by Gottlieb Hammesfahr.
    Rich

The man to contact would be Ross Kelbaugh at ssdaggers.com . If it's possible to trace the owner through the serial number, Ross is the man to do it. Very thorough, complete and correct. Not cheap, but very much worth it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Rich, welcome to the forum!

William gives good advice.

I am very fond of named and researched daggers. Good luck!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Here is the link to Ross Kelbaugh, if your interested in contacting him.....Research Service for the Identification of Schutzstaffel Numbers - Home
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks for the advice lads.
    Rich