Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Help with SS Dagger RZM 1054/38

Article about: Hi everyone, I'm not very knowledgeable on these, but I know this is a parts dagger judging by the nickel SA parts on it / poor fitment. However, I was wondering if anyone could provide insi

Default Help with SS Dagger RZM 1054/38

Hi everyone,

I'm not very knowledgeable on these, but I know this is a parts dagger judging by the nickel SA parts on it / poor fitment. However, I was wondering if anyone could provide insight on whether or not the other SS parts of this dagger are period?

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with SS Dagger RZM 1054/38   Help with SS Dagger RZM 1054/38  

Help with SS Dagger RZM 1054/38   Help with SS Dagger RZM 1054/38  

Help with SS Dagger RZM 1054/38  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with SS Dagger RZM 1054/38
    P
    Many

Someone went to a great length of making it appear worse.
    Yes you are correct ...as it is parts and the dagger has been taken apart for that reason.
    The scabbard paint is recent so dont touch it it may still be wet
    The Blade is good but Im a bit surprised to see so much of the black remaining on the motto. Normally encountered there is none.

The motto matches the details of this unknown producer / contract number. My question what happened to the black color on the RZM number which there is none.

In SS daggers ...one wrong detail should tell you to walk away..as with these type daggers..you want a whole example.
    For that kind of money , you want it to be right

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for the help Larry!

Here are some more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with SS Dagger RZM 1054/38   Help with SS Dagger RZM 1054/38  

Thankyou for the extra photos.

The grip has been repainted and the tang clearance hole has been altered and also repaired.
    The tang marking is a forward letter "P" which I have never seen one in that position which a few other variants complimented with other markings show a backwards letter "P" and all of which are embossed. None are stamped.

This marking does not appear in my Tang markings list..but I will take note of it.
    This dagger has been altered and put together. Sorry JRoger

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for the further input Larry!