Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Himmler Dagger for Opinions...

Article about: Hi all. I have an opportunity to purchase this dagger and would like some feedback and opinions. Thankfully the owner has taken it upon himself to disassemble the dagger so we can see the ma

?

Default Himmler Dagger for Opinions...

Hi all. I have an opportunity to purchase this dagger and would like some feedback and opinions. Thankfully the owner has taken it upon himself to disassemble the dagger so we can see the markings of the guard and tang. I've also superimposing a known original inscription over the one on this blade using photo editing software and they match up perfectly. That said, I'm well aware of how accurate the reproductions are as well so I'd like some more opinions...

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmler Dagger for Opinions...
    P
    Many

no expert,Ilike it looks honest.

Oh oh >_<
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Larry! Is that a bad "oh oh"? If so, what's wrong with it specifically (everything?)?

Its a parts Oh oh !! and the grip has been damaged and poorly repaired. 2 different types of crossguards...lower one does not belong compared to other Himmler examples....which explains why the blade shoulders..do not sit flush.

I cant make heads or tails of the tang marking..as Eickhorn used quite a few different numbered ones. The number has been worn away for some reason.

The blade inscription is hard to decipher through all the muck and spotting. Sorry I cant comment on what I cant see. In hand inspection a must !!

The bench mark "2" is very heavy.....but could mean nothing also.

All fittings including the grip are early period authentic...but do not belong all together IMO...then again..some of the may belong to it..and a few extra picked up along the way..to complete the dagger.

Supposedly 200 of these were first ordered ..and then about 1000 total have been seen through the years. This special presentation type dagger is not representative of what these Early Himmlers should be. Check the price tag also.

I said this before....it would be better to walk away with cash still in your pocket..than to walk away sorry. From a purists point of view and for what is expected of these type daggers..I would want one consistent..that should appear as the original 200.

More comments are welcome Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I'm certainly no expert on these, .. but would I be wrong in saying that the inscription seems slightly high of the centre line of the blade ?