Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Himmler Inscription SS Dienst Dolch...a Stunning Mint Example.

Article about: Well Gents I will let the photos do all the talking as this one as of the moment is being offered on Thomas Wittmanns site. This is a great example IMO for reference purposes especially the

Default Himmler Inscription SS Dienst Dolch...a Stunning Mint Example.

Well Gents I will let the photos do all the talking as this one as of the moment is being offered on Thomas Wittmanns site. This is a great example IMO for reference purposes especially the inscription itself. Below is Tom Wittmanns description of this elusive and highly sought after dagger. Regards Larry

The dagger has been cleaned in the past decade and looks its finest. The cross guards and tang nut are of solid nickel and are in outstanding condition throughout. The tang nut appears to have been out, maybe once, and that was probably me that did that when I first acquired the dagger, some 30 odd years ago. In those days we all had to look at the insides! The guards are the "H.E" internally-marked variety. They are completely smooth with crisp edges and precise, deep, hand-cut accent grooves. The bottom surface of the lower guard is stamped with the inspection number, "9". (These daggers are found with numbers ranging from 0 thru 9, and some have no number stamping. The numbers were assigned to factory inspectors - we used to think they were the issue number of the dagger, but that information was untrue as Himmlers' were not property stamped.) The ebony grip is a medium contour constructed type, being in perfect condition and showing no usage. The runes button is turned to about 7:30 o'clock. It has perfect enameled surfaces, featuring fine silvered runes and matching double circles. The grip eagle is the nickel type, featuring the style bird with "beak which goes upward slightly". The bird shows slight surface wear, but the bird's details are all there. The grip perfectly fits the cross guards.

The scabbard is a site to behold. The anodized surfaces and the protective lacquered finish are 100%. Staring at this beautiful scabbard will give any collector inner pleasure, as you just do not see them in this condition. The nickel scabbard mounts are in choice condition throughout, to include the never-dropped lower ball. These mounts have a slight golden color tone to their finish, an anomaly frequently seen on Himmler daggers. (Eickhorn must have made a special run of nickel scabbard mounts for these pieces). The original nickel screws are in place and are unturned. The original black leather short hanger is in place. The leather is still supple and is complete with the small retainer loop. The hanger hardware is the nickel type, having an unmarked snap clip of the conventional shape.

The impressive blade is new-like throughout, being mirror bright. The intact blade grain is subtle, but all there in the surfaces. The SS motto, "Meine Ehre heisst Treue", is crisp and deeply etched, with 100% of the factory frosting intact within the letter backgrounds. The reverse blade is matching etched with a deep Himmler inscription. This outstanding etch exactly matches that of the obverse, "In herzlicher Kameradschaft, H. Himmler". Fabulous thing here! The trademark is the small double ovals which trap the firm's name, "Carl Eickhorn, Solingen". In the center is the seated, serrated-tail squirrel, clutching a nut in his paws. The blade shoulders perfectly meet the lower cross guard contour. Thomas Wittmann
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Himmler Inscription SS Dienst Dolch...a Stunning Mint Example.   Himmler Inscription SS Dienst Dolch...a Stunning Mint Example.  

Himmler Inscription SS Dienst Dolch...a Stunning Mint Example.   Himmler Inscription SS Dienst Dolch...a Stunning Mint Example.  

Himmler Inscription SS Dienst Dolch...a Stunning Mint Example.   Himmler Inscription SS Dienst Dolch...a Stunning Mint Example.  

Last edited by Larry C; 06-12-2013 at 12:30 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmler Inscription SS Dienst Dolch...a Stunning Mint Example.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Himmler Inscription SS Dienst Dolch...a Stunning Mint Example.

And all for a mere $27,500 bucks.....such a deal...Hella nice dagger, though, in any case!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Woweee , the cream of the crop , i'll be back for my fix at least once a week Larry , thanks for posting the pics
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

That is one hell of a knife, and indeed good reference material.
    We do not often see a genuine Himmler dedication on a SS dagger!

Thanks for the effort of posting Larry!

Ger

Impressive and rare in such condition. Investment grade piece for sure. Wonder what it would be worth in a good economy?

?

Wow Very Nice , i would love to find one of these Himmlers from out of the woodwork , maybe one day, or maybe i could win the lotto.....

For real, if the economy was outstanding, i believe the piece would appreciate by at least 25-35%. Think back to when good times were rolling. items were scarce! It almost got to the point where if you wanted to buy serious pieces then you best break out the Vaseline. Sure collecting is great fun, but it also has a great deal of economics involved. Some are bashful to go out on a limb and try to price items. Don't see what it hurts. The more knowledge the better.

Yes, Mr. Wittmann sure comes across items we mere mortals can only dream about!
    I also very much like the little details like the Eickhorn paper bag, which is even stamped "Mit Widmung" (with dedication).
    Someone must have found this example hidden away in a dark corner of the Eickhorn Firm since it's obviously never seen any use!
    Truly a great study of an extremely hard to afford/find dagger!

Octavian, where are you at in OK?

?

27K! - you could buy a nice motorbike for that....or two...!! :-O

Quote by Scout View Post
    27K! - you could buy a nice motorbike for that....or two...!! :-O
    Yeah....But anyone can own a motorcycle.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast