Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hopes on a SS dagger...

Article about: by Feuerbach Well I just got back, and Im gutted. Turns out the bloke has two daggers for sale; a SS and a SA, The SS dagger is a plain horrible fake, told him these were for sale everywhere

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    Well I just got back, and Im gutted. Turns out the bloke has two daggers for sale; a SS and a SA, The SS dagger is a plain horrible fake, told him these were for sale everywhere for 20 euros, and he offered me the thing for 15 euros. No thanks I said.
    Now the other dagger is a good one, and in very good condition. Its a late war M7/83 SA dagger, by Richard Plümacher. No chipping or missing paint on the scabberd, but......somebody has removed both the insignia. What a awfull thing to do! And I guess there's not a chance in hell to find them either for a nice price, so the dagger has lost most of its value. The guy wants to trade it with some of my stuff, and a quick calculation is that I end up paying 400 euros for the dagger. Maybe I can knock it down a bit, but it all sounds to much for this mutilated SA dagger. I was thinking more in terms of 100 euros, but he was not having anything of that.
    What would the dagger be wurth without the eagle and the SA medaillon? Is 400 euros a fare price, or simply way to much?
    The bloke will phone me this week, as I told him I have to think about it.
    Sorry to hear this. All I can say is, 9 out of 10. It's frustrating, isn't it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Hi feuerbach,

in the States there are different prices as in Europe.
    But a decent RZM dagger can be found for 450-500 euro in Europe.
    As you stated already he has no knowledge of TR daggers, theirfore he thinks that every dagger is worth a fortune, even with removed insignia.
    Some rules that can help a bit:
    when buying RZM blades look for full crossgrain blades, undamaged grips and crossguard with as less as possible damage to the crossguard plating.
    The chrome plating is their weak spot and eventually will come lose from the zinq or pot metal crossguards.

an eagle and a Sa button can be obtained for 80-100 euro, but keep in mind that the springs to attach them in the grip have to be bend inside the grip.
    Thats not easy without the proper tools, otherwise you have to glue them in place, and thats not like you want it.

Better wait for a nice RZM dagger, save a bit more....... they are not that expensive.
    even better, save evenmore and buy an early nickel one

good luck,
    Ger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12