Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I need your comments about this SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936

Article about: Hello All, what do you think about this SS chained dagger? Original? or what?

Default I need your comments about this SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936

Hello All,
    what do you think about this SS chained dagger? Original? or what?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I need your comments about this SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936   I need your comments about this SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936  

I need your comments about this SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936   I need your comments about this SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936  

I need your comments about this SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936   I need your comments about this SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I need your comments about this SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936
    P
    Many

Default re: I need your comments about this SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936

I'm no expert, but it sure looks good to me!

At first glance it looks good. In fact almost too good. Unblemished handle. A virtually perfectly finished scabbard body. And lots and lots of pictures. But then I noticed that there were no good closeups of the chain links in all of those pictures, and some other things that looked a little strange.

With my focus then going to the blade and its etching. If it was me, my money would still be in my wallet, and I would be asking for some more really good closeups of the chain links, etching, etc. (I would also be giving special attention to the parallel horizontal lines at the bottom of the motto's letters.) FP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I need your comments about this SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936   I need your comments about this SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936  

I am (as per usual) in agreement with FP on this.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Im not 100% sure but im thinking the "etching" maybe laser cut, the ridgeing in all letters are on the same lines, which i didnt think you got with etching

There are some other pictures of it.

new fake the eagle on the handle has a big glob of metal around his head making me think buy a different one or save your money

tom
    Last edited by talltom; 10-04-2011 at 07:08 PM.

So what is the result about this dagger?

Quote by gentrex View Post
    So what is the result about this dagger?
    The bottom line is that IMO it's a fake, and most likely a recent one. The motto has already been mentioned, but now we add the links which are bad (fake) the 'Kulturzeichen' as well. And some other (multiple) small details.

Regards, FP

The saddest thing is, if not for this forum and the amount of knowledge freely shared here, this dagger would probably pass as legitimate to an unwary person. If sold as a reproduction it would look nice, though. The pricing on genuine SS relics is far too high for me, anyway. I should have bought some years ago when they weren't so expensive (but I wouldn't have known fake from real then, either . . . ). And so it goes . . .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast